Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KT1993 said:

I received an email today for an invitation to interview on Friday 11/9!

 

Does anyone know what the interview process is like? What was the group interview/writing sample about?

Hello, I had my interview last Friday, oct. 19th. Everyone there was extremely friendly and welcoming. The group interview was more of an exercise, our group had a lot of fun with the discussion. The writing sample is more situational. Just be yourself, everyone was very kind! The interviews felt relaxed, and as if they really wanted to get to know me. 

 

Good luck!! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hfiske said:

Hello, I had my interview last Friday, oct. 19th. Everyone there was extremely friendly and welcoming. The group interview was more of an exercise, our group had a lot of fun with the discussion. The writing sample is more situational. Just be yourself, everyone was very kind! The interviews felt relaxed, and as if they really wanted to get to know me. 

 

Good luck!! 

Great thank you so much! And what do you mean by situational?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I interviewed Oct. 19 as well and got this email today;

“Thank you for your application to the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program, and for taking the time to participate in the interview process.  We hope you found your visit welcoming and informative.  You have many outstanding qualities and have shown initiative in your pursuit of a career as a PA.

As you know, the application process is very competitive, with hundreds of qualified applicants seeking admission to the program.  Based on your application and the recommendation of the interview committee, you have been placed in a waiting pool for admission to the incoming class of PA students at Franklin Pierce University.  Applications from candidates in the wait pool will be reassessed periodically prior to the start of classes in November 2019. The wait pool is not ranked.

We believe you have the potential to make lasting contributions to the program and the profession.  In the coming months, we'll keep you informed via email of status updates.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, namelessone789 said:

I interviewed Oct. 19 as well and got this email today;

“Thank you for your application to the Franklin Pierce University Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program, and for taking the time to participate in the interview process.  We hope you found your visit welcoming and informative.  You have many outstanding qualities and have shown initiative in your pursuit of a career as a PA.

As you know, the application process is very competitive, with hundreds of qualified applicants seeking admission to the program.  Based on your application and the recommendation of the interview committee, you have been placed in a waiting pool for admission to the incoming class of PA students at Franklin Pierce University.  Applications from candidates in the wait pool will be reassessed periodically prior to the start of classes in November 2019. The wait pool is not ranked.

We believe you have the potential to make lasting contributions to the program and the profession.  In the coming months, we'll keep you informed via email of status updates.”

 

Congrats! I interviewed the same day and was also placed on the waitlist. I wonder how many of us are on the list, and how long accepted students have to accept/decline their offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an email this morning with an acceptance from the 10/19 interview date! Regarding a time frame for how long to accept/decline the offer I'm not too sure but they are mailing out the paperwork so perhaps they'll start taking people from the waitlist after the November interview?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also accepted this morning from the 10/19 interview date! They are going to send us an acceptance package in the mail, and then we have 2 weeks from that date to pay our seat deposit. 

Edited by mikaylap96
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, apb95 said:

Received an email this morning with an acceptance from the 10/19 interview date! Regarding a time frame for how long to accept/decline the offer I'm not too sure but they are mailing out the paperwork so perhaps they'll start taking people from the waitlist after the November interview?

Congratulations ! That’s very exciting! Yes that’s true, I think within the next month or so we would be more apt to hear as some students may decline the offer. However they do say up until Nov. 2019 as situations can come up- people might not be able to make it last minute etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mikaylap96 said:

I was also accepted this morning from the 10/19 interview date! They are going to send us an acceptance package in the mail, and then we have 2 weeks from that date to pay our seat deposit. 

Congratulations!! Thanks for the info 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, cLL17 said:

Do people who received an interview mind sharing their stats? Thanks!

Of course!

cGPA: 3.52

sGPA: 3.52

PCE:: ~6,000 hours as a Medical Assistant 

Shadow: ~250 hours of one Urgent Care PA 

LOR: A doctor I work with, a PA I work with, my academic advisor from undergrad and the president of the company I work for 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, KT1993 said:

Great thank you so much! And what do you mean by situational?

I apologize I thought I responded to this earlier. It’s more of a description of a specific incident, and a reflection on yourself/actions. I hope this helps, good luck with your interview!! Everyone was very nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 6:18 PM, cLL17 said:

Do people who received an interview mind sharing their stats? Thanks!

I hope this helps!

cGPA: 3.85

sGPA: 3.84
PCE: Applied with ~1700 hrs Cardiac Monitor Technician/CNA
~1300 hrs CNA from nursing home (rehab, long term and dementia care), ~1800 hrs PCA, ~20 hours Hospice volunteer 
Shadow: 16 hours in Geriatric Care, 56 hrs Surgical PA, ~200 hours various Hospital depts done in high school 
LOR: My advisor from college- Associate Professor of Biology, professor from college - Chair of the Science dept./Associate Professor of Biology who also teaches in the schools PA program, and an RN at work I’ve worked closely with. 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikaylap96 said:

Is anyone concerned about the probation status of this program? I’m just curious to hear people’s thoughts. 

I was concerned before hearing more information at my interview. The director of the program said it was mostly due to administrative issues, and the program was placed on probation before she had the position of the director. She said they have to tighten up the cirriculum a little if I remember correctly. But she (and the students said) she’s been working very hard on becoming accredited once again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lern306 said:

Rejected last week ?

I’m sorry! I wish you the best of luck with other schools this cycle, and FPU if you choose to apply again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, KT1993 said:

I received an email today for an invitation to interview on Friday 11/9!

 

Does anyone know what the interview process is like? What was the group interview/writing sample about?

ITS COMING UP! good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I emailed Pam last week I believe and asked if the waiting pool is ranked 1st 2nd 3rd etc. or if everyone was re-evaluated once they are going to contact someone from the waitlist -- I have yet to hear back. Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not turn my application in until late October, which is already a bad sign LOL, but the last correspondence I had with them was that they do not do interviews during the winter months because of weather (even though I am fairly local).

"Your application has passed the first base-line review and is in line for a more indepth review by faculty. 

You will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the interview sessions, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered. 

We know that waiting is difficult, but thoroughly reviewing applications is a long process.  Additionally, we will not conduct further interviews until spring.  We do not interview during winter months due to the threat of inclement weather and how it could impact travelers.

We appreciate your patience."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, Kes1123 said:

I did not turn my application in until late October, which is already a bad sign LOL, but the last correspondence I had with them was that they do not do interviews during the winter months because of weather (even though I am fairly local).

"Your application has passed the first base-line review and is in line for a more indepth review by faculty. 

You will receive a status update by email, either inviting you for one of the interview sessions, or letting you know that your application is no longer being considered. 

We know that waiting is difficult, but thoroughly reviewing applications is a long process.  Additionally, we will not conduct further interviews until spring.  We do not interview during winter months due to the threat of inclement weather and how it could impact travelers.

We appreciate your patience."

I received this same email back in September (without the stuff about not conducting interviews in the winter), but did not get any further correspondence after that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More