2018-2019 Application Cycle

21 minutes ago, Trying2BAPA888 said:

Has anyone been accepted that had a grade or two that didn’t meet the requirements? For example, getting a C in organic chemistry. Thanks in advance! 

Meeee! I got a C+ in gen chem 1. I did really well in gen chem 2 and orgo 1 though. My acceptance is conditional upon retaking gen chem 1 with lab. So I’m just taking that at a community college and I’ll be good to go!

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 5:09 PM, Hailstorm1023 said:

Oh and I forgot to say about the interview! So there were about 80 people in the session and they started us out in a big room and had us write a short essay (nothing crazy). Then they told us a bit about the program and had current students that started in August tell about their experience thus far and they answered most of our questions for us. Then they divided us up into small groups and we went to do interviews. I was interviewed by 3 members of staff and had 2 other applicants sitting next to me answering questions. There were like 6 questions total and whoever came up with their answer first would just go for it, kind of like popcorn style until all 3 of us answered the question. Then after that, we went to a classroom and they ran us through a PBL session so that we could see their teaching method in action which was very unique and fun and really stood out to me. Overall they are just really different from any other program I’ve seen.  When you go to the interview, keep in mind that they discourage competition and emphasize working as a team. Everything is pass/fail in the program and they don’t encourage students to compete with one another which is a huge relief. I enjoyed my interview session! I would say that because you’re interviewing with 2 other people that the interviewers don’t show much emotion or response to your answers so that all candidates feel like they were treated the same. For that reason I was scared because the interviewers seemed a little less personable and didn’t seem to give much of a response to my answers and so I felt like I didn’t know where I stood. But just realize that they have to be that way with the way it’s set up.

sorry for the long winded response but I hope it helps everyone with the next interview session! Be yourself and you will be fine! Good luck!

thank you for this! what types of questions were asked? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, AmyCap said:

I just received my second email checking in to confirm I still wanted to be on the wait list. Received one on March 4th and another April 2nd. Hoping this means there are some spots to fill and trying to narrow it down. 👍🏼

I was accepted into Chatham, I likely have to give up my spot in the coming weeks so whoever is first on the waitlist, keep look out for an e-mail or call! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...