2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, Dee L. said:

Hi everyone, I just got an email for an interview invite for 11/02! Congratulations to all those that have been accepted! It seems like there have been a handful of interview dates already. How many applicants were at the everyone's interviews?

20 at the first interview!

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who got accepted! I received my reminder email for an interview on 11/02! I see on the email that they use ProFitHR MMI style interviews. What does this mean? What resources did everyone who interviewed use to prepare? How was everyone's overall interview experience? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

On 10/28/2018 at 9:27 AM, Dee L. said:

Hi everyone! I will be interviewing Nov 2nd! Any last minute tips/advice from those already interviewed? Also, in ny reminder email, it was mentioned that this will be the last interview date, does anyone know if there are still spots open in the class? 

Thanks!

For advice I would say just try to be yourself and maybe practice answering some typical mmi style questions to practice what talking for approximately 5 minutes feels like. Also for the last interview thing I'm not sure about that because it also said the same thing in my interview reminder for the October 12th interview. At the time of the interview they had said there was still spots open. I do know that myself and 1 other person from that interview date were placed on the waitlist. Hope this is at least a little helpful ?

32 minutes ago, Alm4034 said:

For advice I would say just try to be yourself and maybe practice answering some typical mmi style questions to practice what talking for approximately 5 minutes feels like. Also for the last interview thing I'm not sure about that because it also said the same thing in my interview reminder for the October 12th interview. At the time of the interview they had said there was still spots open. I do know that myself and 1 other person from that interview date were placed on the waitlist. Hope this is at least a little helpful ?

Thank you so much for this information! I will be sure to practice and prepare for MMI. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, helenep said:

I was placed on the waitlist for an interview a month ago or so, but haven't heard anything since then. Does anyone know if the waitlist has moved at all recently? 

Good luck to everyone that has applied! 

Hey,  I was also offered a waitlist for an interview spot. When you accepted the waitlist spot, did they respond back to you? Like confirming the spot? 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, realworldgirlx said:

Hey,  I was also offered a waitlist for an interview spot. When you accepted the waitlist spot, did they respond back to you? Like confirming the spot? 

I just received a quick email saying "Thank you for your email confirmation" after I accepted my spot on the waitlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Rush:

• wait-listed for interview Sept/19 (forgot to email back confirming that, so that might have hurt my chances),
  • Nov/13 Rejected

My Stats

• Fluent in three languages: Finnish, Serbian, and English. Proficiency in Spanish. Learning ASL
  • Undergraduate non-science: 3.82
  • Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
  • Undergraduate science: 3.4
  • Patient Care Hours: 1572 ED Scribe
  • GRE: 321 total (164 verbal and 157 math) –Accepted on 8/08/17
  • Killer personal statement in my opinion
  • Letters of Recommendation: ER PA, ER NP, current boss, and College advisor
  • Major in college: Biochem, graduated in May 2016 from Georgia Tech
  • Current Job: Oct/2016-Present, research chemist at CDC
  • Two Prerequisites completed in Fall 2018: A&P II with lab and just Microbio Lab
  • Verified CASPA: 09/20/18 because professional transcript entry took 10 days after receiving my grades.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 6:08 PM, bobacat said:

Just gave up my spot on the alternate list as I was accepted at my top choice! Best of luck to all of you!!! 

Me too!

Side note- if you are waitlisted and call admissions they can tell you what quartile of the waitlist you are in. They were super helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived