2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 10:23 PM, gengar said:

For those who have received an interview: mind sharing your stats with everyone? Congrats btw! @bns07@bobacat

Cumulative GPA: 4.0

GRE: Verbal - 160, Quant - 162, Writing - 5.5

PCE: 564 (CNA and volunteering in free medical clinic)

HCE: 1,300+ (Pharmacy technician)

Shadowing: 125 hours

Guest SoyLatte

Hi all! Congrats to those who already received an interview invite! I am getting ready to apply and wondering if anyone skipped the CASPA question, "Please discuss any deficiencies in your application that have not already been addressed". I feel like I don't have much to add to this. Would it be appropriate to answer "N/A" or something? Thanks! 

13 hours ago, FW2018 said:

Hi all! Congrats to those who already received an interview invite! I am getting ready to apply and wondering if anyone skipped the CASPA question, "Please discuss any deficiencies in your application that have not already been addressed". I feel like I don't have much to add to this. Would it be appropriate to answer "N/A" or something? Thanks! 

I skipped it/put “N/A.” The advice I was given was that if you genuinely have nothing to explain about your application, don’t give them more to read lol

• Like 1

Guest SoyLatte

I also got an interview invite today, 7/10! I received the app complete email on 7/7. Super excited! 

Edited by SoyLatte

Hi guys! I just scheduled my interview for August 16th! ?I'm actually excited for the mini-interview process, I've heard from last year's forum that it's much less intimidating than other schools/formats. Good luck to all! ?

Submitted: 7/9

Cumulative GPA: 3.73

Science GPA: 3.74

GRE: 321 & 4.5

PCE: 1100 as a PCT on a Med/Surg floor, I'll have 1500 more (at least) by June 2019. 

Shadowing: 135 hours with PAs and MDs mostly, with some experience in a hospice clinic observing chaplains, social workers and RNs. 

Other experience: I have research experience in biochemistry, epidemiology and medical humanities. I also have a handful of volunteer/leadership/teaching experiences, although not as extensive.

Feel free to message me with questions!

Edited by nadsua
Adding shadowing experience :)

Hey everyone, 

Interview scheduled for 8/17. Extremely nervous/excited, this is one of my top choices! It's my first interview so trying not to freak out haha. Any tips are absolutely welcomed :)

cum GPA 3.78

science GPA 3.79

GRE 318 V 162 Q 156 AW 4.5

PCE 10,885 as of interview date - 3645 clinical research coordinator 7240 ophthalmic assistant

HCE 260 - 100 volunteer 160 shadow

On 7/18/2018 at 8:48 PM, ED1414 said:

Does anyone have any insight on the MMI interview process and how best to prepare for this type of interview? 

I’ve had one MMI already and it’s extremely hard to predict what kind of thing they’ll ask you but there are good resources online with example MMI questions. Practice answering them and timing yourself. Remember to work through your answer considering all options and why you would/wouldn’t choose certain options and stick to your guns if they question your stance. 

On 7/26/2018 at 12:02 PM, pabca94 said:

I received the app complete email on 7/6 and haven't heard anything back. Getting nervous since those who applied after me have already heard back. Anyone in the same boat? Wondering if I still have a chance.

No worries, I submitted around the same time and haven't heard. I'm trying not to fret about it. You never know what could happen! There could have been folks who applied way before us also and received an interview. My GRE scores aren't as high as everyone else's (300 cumulative), so maybe that could be hindering my app? Not sure.

• 2 weeks later...