57 minutes ago, swanprincess610 said:

Pretty disappointed. The 100 students all grouped together felt intimidating. Spent hundreds of dollars to fly across the country just to be asked three questions seems like a waste, especially the weird scenario question. Interviewers judge you before you even walk in the door. Would not reapply. They interview everyone for ~15 minutes. I think they said clinicals may be in different states, but you have to go back to campus twice a week. 

Yes I feel the same!!! I had to ask them to explain the health disparities question like 3 different times. I'm curious to know what you all had to say for that question? And for the scenario, I said the nurse and I were the least important, but wasn't really sure what the reasoning was behind that question, or what the right answer was. Definitely didn't feel like I was able to sell myself in such a short amount of time. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, sweetpotato said:

Yes I feel the same!!! I had to ask them to explain the health disparities question like 3 different times. I'm curious to know what you all had to say for that question? And for the scenario, I said the nurse and I were the least important, but wasn't really sure what the reasoning was behind that question, or what the right answer was. Definitely didn't feel like I was able to sell myself in such a short amount of time. 

The questions were a little weird to me. I was so confused on the healthcare disparities one, so I’m glad I’m not alone because I was feeling kinda dumb lol. I said something along the lines of PAs provide more cost effective medical care so those who are in living in impoverish areas can have better access to healthcare. Something like that, I kinda blacked it all out. And for the scenario, I said myself and the tech that was called in. 

• Upvote 1

I think it went pretty well. I got a good vibe from the faculty and students, they seem to really care and enjoy the school. And the program seems to be in good hands with Dr.Hendrix, she seems pretty awesome.

My individual interview and group session were both at the end of the day though so I was exhausted. I thought it was pretty strange too that there were just a few questions but I tried my best to both answer the question and then also give even more info about myself and my experiences that related to the question. And then use the group interview to show my personality. I think they observe moreso how you say things and interact with everyone rather than what you say exactly.  And I think after the fact we all regret saying some things and think about what we should've said! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, swanprincess610 said:

Pretty disappointed. The 100 students all grouped together felt intimidating. Spent hundreds of dollars to fly across the country just to be asked three questions seems like a waste, especially the weird scenario question. Interviewers judge you before you even walk in the door. Would not reapply. They interview everyone for ~15 minutes. I think they said clinicals may be in different states, but you have to go back to campus twice a week. 

I also wasn't a huge fan of the interview style compared to other experiences I had. If you get in, it's kind of nice to know everyone in your class went through the exact same thing and you were all together that day, but that's only a small point in hindsight.

On the clinicals front, my class has only had one or two out of state sites this year, and we only come back to campus twice every 5 weeks (3rd and 5th Friday of the rotation.)

5 hours ago, sweetpotato said:

Anyone know exactly how many people were interviewed yesterday?

The last two years have been about 120 students, prior to that it was approximately 100.

Edited by Theyran

Thank you! I'm just really hoping the individual interview isn't too heavily weighed in their decisions on who's accepted. My stats, experience, and personal statement were strong, but I feel like I ruined my chances with the individual interview. On the flip side, I loved the group discussion part and felt like I was able to showcase my personality. So I dont know, I think I'm expecting the worse, but hoping for the best. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sweetpotato said:

Thank you! I'm just really hoping the individual interview isn't too heavily weighed in their decisions on who's accepted. My stats, experience, and personal statement were strong, but I feel like I ruined my chances with the individual interview. On the flip side, I loved the group discussion part and felt like I was able to showcase my personality. So I dont know, I think I'm expecting the worse, but hoping for the best. 

I think I did well on the individual but I'm not so sure about the group. And I'm not sure either how much everything is weighed in regards to our application (stats,essay, letters of rec) and interview but I hope everything is done pretty fairly. It's over now and all we can do it wait!

4 hours ago, LolaCola said:

I think I did well on the individual but I'm not so sure about the group. And I'm not sure either how much everything is weighed in regards to our application (stats,essay, letters of rec) and interview but I hope everything is done pretty fairly. It's over now and all we can do it wait!

I think the fact that the interview was so short means that it won't make up that large of a percentage of the overall application. I feel like they were just trying to see what kind of person you are. Seems like all the students and faculty were very happy there and kind to each other. I'm really glad that we'll find out before Thanksgiving break! Good luck!

On 11/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, swanprincess610 said:

Pretty disappointed. The 100 students all grouped together felt intimidating. Spent hundreds of dollars to fly across the country just to be asked three questions seems like a waste, especially the weird scenario question. Interviewers judge you before you even walk in the door. Would not reapply. They interview everyone for ~15 minutes. 

I know I feel the same way and it is annoying, but a LOT of programs are that way. I've had about 3 interviews that lasted about the same or even shorter. At least they had a group interview and the essay. The other program I went to was just the 15 minute interview and that was it, nothing else. So I wouldn't not reapply just because of that. And yes some programs do judge you before you even walk in the door, but at AACC the interviewers are not given your application so they can't be biased. 

40 minutes ago, swanprincess610 said:

First, there are other reasons why I would not reapply. Those are only a few reasons. Second, it doesn’t matter how long the interview is, what matters are the questions. Quality over quantity. Overall, just my opinion, but everyone else may have a different opinion.

Hmm. To me it seemed like a solid program and at a great price for us Marylanders. I'm interested, what did you notice that made you decide that you wouldn't reapply?

Edited by LolaCola

21 hours ago, LolaCola said:

Hmm. To me it seemed like a solid program and at a great price for us Marylanders. I'm interested, what did you notice that made you decide that you wouldn't reapply?

I agree. Was definitely impressed by the faculty / current students / presentation and got a good sense of the program culture which seemed very open and welcoming (definitely not the case with many other programs). And financially, it seems like an ideal choice compared to other schools nationwide. Of course, a longer more thorough interview is always desirable but with that many students interviewing all on one day, I think it was as efficient and effective as possible. Everyone has an equal shot to impress and they left it up to us to stand out as much as possible in the limited time we had. Everyone probably regrets at least one thing they did or didn't say so don't let that bother you. Remember, the interview is only one element they'll use to make their decision. The rest of your app will be a major factor as well. Best of luck 

2 hours ago, Lavenir572 said:

I agree. Was definitely impressed by the faculty / current students / presentation and got a good sense of the program culture which seemed very open and welcoming (definitely not the case with many other programs). And financially, it seems like an ideal choice compared to other schools nationwide. Of course, a longer more thorough interview is always desirable but with that many students interviewing all on one day, I think it was as efficient and effective as possible. Everyone has an equal shot to impress and they left it up to us to stand out as much as possible in the limited time we had. Everyone probably regrets at least one thing they did or didn't say so don't let that bother you. Remember, the interview is only one element they'll use to make their decision. The rest of your app will be a major factor as well. Best of luck 

I agree with all that you’ve said. Good luck to you too! 🙂

5 hours ago, Tiffanybrooke said:

Still nothing in my mailbox or inbox... Anyone hear anything? 

Not yet, but they should be sent out this week! Current students were saying they got their letters the day before thanksgiving. Sign up for Informed Delivery through USPS! They send you an email early in the morning with pictures of everything you're gonna get in the mail later that day :)

8 hours ago, PAndemonium said:

Hey everyone, no decision was present in my mail that arrived today. I'm locate in MD.

I'm following up to see if there are any delays, but it's EOB. I guess I'll just go back to waiting.. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!! 

I was rereading the paperwork we received at the interview and it stated that the letters would be mailed before Thanksgiving break, not that we would receive them before break. Ergo, it's likely they were mailed and we won't receive them until Saturday, Monday, or even Tuesday. That gave me some piece of mind at least. Hopefully we all can stop obsessing for the day... but probably not, lol. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1