2018-2019 Cycle

13 hours ago, ByGraceAlone said:

Augusta's website states that an applicant must have "Observed physician assistants in a variety of PA clinical settings (more than two) with a suggested minimum of 100 hours." Does anyone know if they are particularly strict on having observed more than 2 PAs? Or would only 1-2 PAs still be okay?

When I turned in my application I had only shadowed 1 PA and two physicians, all in different specialties. However, I work in an ER that utilizes both physicians and midlevels. I wouldn’t think that would be a deterrent from them sending a good applicant an interview invite. That is just my opinion, maybe someone with more insight can answer you. Good luck! ?

On 10/4/2018 at 1:29 PM, jmhel said:

What does it mean if my status is still "Ready for Review"? Will it change if I get an interview? 

It just means that your application is being reviewed by the faculty. It will change after your interview (if you get one) to "Decision Pending" or something like that. It won't change before you find out if you got an interview or not. 

17 hours ago, cmedley said:

It just means that your application is being reviewed by the faculty. It will change after your interview (if you get one) to "Decision Pending" or something like that. It won't change before you find out if you got an interview or not. 

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.