University of Bridgeport 2018 Applicants

42 minutes ago, FuturePA203 said:

Is anyone concerned at all that this program is on accreditation probation? I love this school but that is what’s holding me back from applying, does anyone have any info about that?

I'm a current student here. This issue has been addressed and the program is waiting to hear back from ARC-PA. The problem was a matter of paperwork under a previous director. If you have further questions the director or other faculty are open to answer any questions if you contact them. 

If you do matriculate at UB with this status, it is still accredited and has no effect on your ability to take your boards. You can message me with any questions too if you would like. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aberkowitz said:

Same! They actually left me a voicemail Friday that I didn't see until last night.. but good thing they called yesterday morning! They sent out an email confirming your attendance to the interview session. 

See y''all on the 24th! ?

Congrats!

When were you verified/received? 

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats? 

20 hours ago, Rodzm said:

Congrats!

When were you verified/received? 

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats? 

Thank you!

CASPA was verified on May 11th and everything was verified from Bridgeport on May 11th also.

As for my stats, I have a Science GPA of 3.80 and a Overall GPA of 3.81.. I have over 1000 hours of DPC and I have also been a full time teacher for the past 4 years. I also have a Master's degree from NYU and a Bachelor of Science from Stony Brook.

Best of luck to you!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rodzm said:

Congrats! When did you receive the under review email? If you don’t mind sharing what are your stats? 

I was notified by CASPA that my coursework was verified on 6/19 and received confirmation from UB that they had received it on 6/20.

I got the call for interview yesterday 6/29

BCP GPA: 3.82 (during their information session they said they use BCP rather than overall science GPA)
cGPA: 3.76
PCE: 550 hours (as a CNA)
HCE: 100 hours (as dietetic student)
Shadowing: 100 hours (all PAs - one in high volume ER, one Vascular and Thoracic PA, one PA who works with plastic surgeon)
Volunteer: 115 hours (medical mission trip and hours through University's honors society)

GRE: (UB doesn't require it)
Quantitative: 151  43%
Verbal: 155  69% 
Writing: 4.0  60%

Edited by mvatican