BS in Kinesiology and MS in Exercise Physiology

Have been working as Certified Medical Assistant 

Worked in an Orthopedic clinic for 3 years and currently working in Occupational Health

Science GPA = 3.3

Overall= 3.2

GRE = 304

• Upvote 1

I was not invited to interview at UAB but I have a  3.9 gpa

3.85 science gpa

304 GRE 

~300 contact hours

Does anyone have any advice as to why I wouldnt have been invited or if there’s anything I can do at this point?                              

2 hours ago, Hpa2018 said:

3.85 science gpa

304 GRE 

~300 contact hours

Does anyone have any advice as to why I wouldnt have been invited or if there’s anything I can do at this point?                              

I have learned not to compare stats because everyone has their own story and background that may have set them apart, but it could be your patient care hours. I think the mean on the website is listed at 3,446 patient care hours. The spreadsheet that shows all of the averages  is all on the admissions page ? hope this helps!

On 10/27/2018 at 8:41 AM, Hpa2018 said:

3.85 science gpa

304 GRE 

~300 contact hours

I know that if you send them an email and ask why and what to improve on they usually reply with the answers to your question. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Applicant19 said:

I just received an email that interviews have been extended and we will receive postal mail letting us know if we have an interview or what we need to improve on. 

Did you reach out to someone via email to find this out?

Wishing everyone who still has to interview good luck and crossing my fingers for all of us who interviewed today!! I enjoyed meeting all of you ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Applicant19 said:

I’m wondering the same ?

13 hours ago, KrebsCycle said:

If I haven't heard from the school (email or snail mail) does that mean I am out of the running?

At the interview on Tuesday, I was under the impression that all interviews have been completed and we will begin finding out our admission decisions in about two weeks. So I am not sure if you are referring to an interview invite or admission decision, but that should answer your questions ?

Anyone have any info on how they will notify those who have been accepted. I know they said it will take about two weeks from the interviews. Will Mr. Drace be making phone calls again, will it be emails, or will they send out letters in the mail?

1 hour ago, tdg1013 said:

Anyone have any info on how they will notify those who have been accepted. I know they said it will take about two weeks from the interviews. Will Mr. Drace be making phone calls again, will it be emails, or will they send out letters in the mail?

I'd expect a call from Drace.

Usually they'll send an email or formal letter after the phone call.

• Like 1

I just got the call that I was accepted about an hour ago!!!!! Was super surprised they called so late, but it was the best phone call I've ever got! Good luck to everyone ? 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, marlee28 said:

I just got the call that I was accepted about an hour ago!!!!! Was super surprised they called so late, but it was the best phone call I've ever got! Good luck to everyone ? 

Congrats!!! Did you apply to the dual program or just the PA program? So happy for you

1 minute ago, nataliet7 said:

Congrats!!! Did you apply to the dual program or just the PA program? So happy for you

Just the PA program! Thank you!! 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:53 PM, kpowell said:

I hope this helps!

Navy Corpsman 

PCE = about 5,000 hrs

Worked alongside PAs 

Science GPA = 3.7

Overall= 3.6

GRE = ~300

LORs from 2 physicians and a professor.

Let me know if I missed something!

1 hour ago, Emh0220 said:

Does anybody know if they have called all of their acceptances so far? I interviewed November 1st and am waiting to hear back. 

I just emailed Mrs Glasscock and she said no, the process will last a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emh0220 said:

Does anybody know if they have called all of their acceptances so far? I interviewed November 1st and am waiting to hear back. 

Last year they called over the course of a few days! So I would just hang by the phone if I were you 🙂 good luck!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lidimore said:

I got my call this evening!! So incredibly happy.

Do you all mind sending in when you did your interviews?