2018-2019 Application Cycle

I spoke with the admissions coordinator & she said that all initial interview invites were sent out. So theoretically everyone who didn't get an invite are on the waitlist to interview and if someone declines, they send out more invites to the next ones in line. We still have the rest of this month to get a potential interview!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, la3241 said:

Still anxiously awaiting here! I'm going with the no news is good news, right? At least that's what I'm going to tell myself... 

2 minutes ago, NPthePA2018 said:

I spoke with the admissions coordinator & she said that all initial interview invites were sent out. So theoretically everyone who didn't get an invite are on the waitlist to interview and if someone declines, they send out more invites to the next ones in line. We still have the rest of this month to get a potential interview!

That’s exactly what I just heard from Kerry Glasscock

So I guess that means they must have sent out 290 invitations yesterday?  So lets keep our fingers crossed for the rest of us waiting. I live locally, so am still hopeful for an invite.  Good luck to everyone that has interviews in a few weeks.

Edit Does anyone know how many apps they received this year?

Edited by Phoenixfire24

2 hours ago, mjmccorkle said:

I know a lot of people have asked, so sorry to be so repetitive lol. Could the people who got an interview share your stats if y'all don't mind?

I hope this helps!

Navy Corpsman 

PCE = about 5,000 hrs

Worked alongside PAs 

Science GPA = 3.7

Overall= 3.6

GRE = ~300

LORs from 2 physicians and a professor.

Let me know if I missed something!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Phoenixfire24 said:

So I guess that means they must have sent out 290 invitations yesterday?  So lets keep our fingers crossed for the rest of us waiting. I live locally, so am still hopeful for an invite.  Good luck to everyone that has interviews in a few weeks.

Edit Does anyone know how many apps they received this year?

Wow! I didn't realize they Interview such a large cohort. Do you know how many they accept? And I do not know how many apps they received. My guess would be in the 1000s normally

3 minutes ago, winb4noon said:

Wow! I didn't realize they Interview such a large cohort. Do you know how many they accept? And I do not know how many apps they received. My guess would be in the 1000s normally

From what I have read, they have interviewed roughly that many in the last few years, but I think it is for 88 slots this year too. They are slowly increasing their cohort number every year.

Edited by Phoenixfire24
  • Like 1

Congrats to those who have received their invite to interview. I interview Nov 1 afternoon session. This will be my 2nd time interviewing. For those who have not received their invite. Hang in there, last year I received mine on the last available day invites were to go out. Good Luck to everyone!

Edited by Carson83
correction needed
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carson83 said:

Congrats to those who have received their invite to interview. I interview Nov 1 afternoon session. This will be my 2nd time interviewing. For those who have not received their invite. Hang in there, last year I received mine on the last available day invites were to go out. Good Luck to everyone!

Hi Carson83, 

Congrats on your interview invite! What do you mean by "the last available day invites were to go out?" Thanks!

46 minutes ago, paxander said:

Hi Carson83, 

Congrats on your interview invite! What do you mean by "the last available day invites were to go out?" Thanks!

Last year someone spoke with Mrs. Glasscock regarding the invites and stated on the forum that they invite till a week before the interviews start. They have to allow all those who deny or do not confirm their slot.  

36 minutes ago, Carson83 said:

Last year someone spoke with Mrs. Glasscock regarding the invites and stated on the forum that they invite till a week before the interviews start. They have to allow all those who deny or do not confirm their slot.  

Got ya! Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

58 minutes ago, applicant31 said:

So do they not send out any emails saying that people were denied? I never heard back from them, but I at least thought I would have gotten an email saying I did not get in? Anyone else in a similar situation?

By going off of last year, it seems like the denials go out after the interviews are completed. It seemed like it was around the 3rd week of Nov. 

Don't lose hope though!

Guest cgarbison
23 minutes ago, tdg1013 said:

Looks like they are on the next round of sending out interview invitations, so keep an eye out for the email. I just received mine for November 1st, afternoon session. I am wishing the best for those of you still waiting.

Would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks.