2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hey guys, I was one of the students accepted into the program for the 2017-2018 cycle. I will monitor this thread periodically and try to help in any way that I possibly can. Tag me if you have any questions regarding the application process! Anything from CASPA oriented questions to the day of the interview! I’m excited to help! I know there will be others from the program on here as well. 

I look forward to meeting some of you!

- Z

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zrader said:

Hey guys, I was one of the students accepted into the program for the 2017-2018 cycle. I will monitor this thread periodically and try to help in any way that I possibly can. Tag me if you have any questions regarding the application process! Anything from CASPA oriented questions to the day of the interview! I’m excited to help! I know there will be others from the program on here as well. 

- Z

Hey! I appreciate you offering your assistance and congrats on the acceptance! Would you be willing to share your stats? If not I completely understand! Thank you in advance and good luck with the program! 

3 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Hey! I appreciate you offering your assistance and congrats on the acceptance! Would you be willing to share your stats? If not I completely understand! Thank you in advance and good luck with the program! 

Cumulative GPA: 3.6

Science GPA: 3.6

Last 80 hrs GPA: 4.0

Age at application time : 24

GRE: I don't remember, but I think it was around 300

Direct Patient Care : ~5,000 as an army combat medic and as a civilian ER Tech

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ecully said:

Is it not possible to put minus or plus grades in their supplemental app for your prerequisite grades? The dropdown box in the PDF seems to only allow A, B, C, etc. 

I don't think you can, but I am pretty sure they are only wanting to know if you received a C or higher. They will be able to see your specific grade on your CASPA application.

Hi everyone! I'm applying to UAB this year. I currently live in Birmingham and work in transplant at UAB. Excited to finally be applying to PA school and looking forward to going through this process with all of you. If you have any questions about Birmingham, UAB or anything in between,  I'll do my best to answer them. Otherwise, good luck everybody!

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, Carson83 said:

when did you submit yours? I submitted July 12th and haven't heard anything. 

I submitted July 17th and haven't gotten an email confirmation either, but I called admissions two days ago and they told me they had gotten mine.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, zrader said:

- Z

Z,

Are you able to volunteer at the Firehouse Shelter as a PA student? Anywhere else? Whats the best and worst part of the program so far iyo?

6 hours ago, megan04 said:

I submitted July 17th and haven't gotten an email confirmation either, but I called admissions two days ago and they told me they had gotten mine.

I haven't received my confirmation either- submitted supplemental July 23. I called a few days ago and was told they have everything as well, but they haven't had a chance to review it yet. She did tell me they would let us know if there were any issues with it and allow them to be corrected if possible. Otherwise, we should expect an email confirmation at some point in the near future. I think they just get bombarded with hundreds of applications toward the end of July.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:29 PM, FlyingPA said:

Z,

Are you able to volunteer at the Firehouse Shelter as a PA student? Anywhere else? Whats the best and worst part of the program so far iyo?

FlyingPA, 

I haven't started the program yet, Orientation is next week! If volunteering at a Firehouse Shelter is something you are passionate about, you can definitely do so! I'm not sure that you can officially volunteer as a Physician Assistant student however. I can't speak on the program, but if you guys have any questions for the process prior to starting school let me know! I remember the nervousness I felt! 

Z

did anyone leave the section blank on the supplemental application that asked about any additional information you'd want the admissions committee to know? I received one 'C' in college but it was not a required prerequisite course (Organic Chemistry II). I was told talking about that, unless I had to, would draw more attention to it. However, now I'm wondering if I should have said something, or now bring it up in an interview if I receive one. anyone have thoughts on this?