Jump to content
Love4Artie

Massachusetts Bay Path University 2018-2019 cycle

Recommended Posts

Hello Applicants!

I am applying to Bay Path University for the second time this year! I am hoping to connect with other applicants and lend support where I can and am asked to. Best of luck to us all! Oh and FYI I successfully completed my app last year, interviewed and was accepted to BPU. I am applying again because I had some family matters that took precedence. I really hope to get in again this time around. I am currently finishing up my application. Anyone out there already submitted or almost there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Artie, 

I am applying to Bay Path for the first time this year and it will be my second cycle of applications. 2 questions. How did you presents/market yourself during the interview that made you successful last time? What was your impression of the program/staff/teachers after speaking with current the students you met there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Warwick said:

Hello Artie, 

I am applying to Bay Path for the first time this year and it will be my second cycle of applications. 2 questions. How did you presents/market yourself during the interview that made you successful last time? What was your impression of the program/staff/teachers after speaking with current the students you met there? 

Hello!

I believe I was true to myself and my purpose for pursuing PA studies at Bay Path. Firstly, I only applied to Bay Path because it's the only school I see myself continuing my studies at. I am also deeply committed to remaining in Western Mass and serving underserved areas because most of my academic opportunities have come from this state and specifically this region. Finally, I aligned myself with the goals and mission of Bay Path to show how I am the candidate through which the university's vision can be materialized.

As for your second question, I'm heavily biased towards Bay Path and may possibly be seeing things in a glossy haze. I have a few friends at Bay Path, now graduated, that are both inspirational and motivational. I didn't do a tour, nor did I attend one of their admissions event. However, I will say my experience on the day of my interview cemented my decision to attend Bay Path. Beautiful facility, dedicated faculty and staff, and students that are happy with their studies and pursuit at BPU. 

I wish you the best of luck Warwick! Ultimately, we all must be true to ourselves. Do what feels natural and let your truth be your own.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone . I submitted my application 5/21 got verification email from the school on 5/21 . Waiting for invitation to interview.

How  about all of you ? Have you been notified / invited already ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

Hello everyone . I submitted my application 5/21 got verification email from the school on 5/21 . Waiting for invitation to interview.

How  about all of you ? Have you been notified / invited already ? 

That's fantastic! I haven't submitted my application yet, I'm still waiting, but don't know why...In any event, we will not hear back about interviews until the middle of October. BPU does not have rolling admissions, they will review applications beginning in October. I wish you the best @YGrabo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Love4Artie said:

That's fantastic! I haven't submitted my application yet, I'm still waiting, but don't know why...In any event, we will not hear back about interviews until the middle of October. BPU does not have rolling admissions, they will review applications beginning in October. I wish you the best @YGrabo

Thank you ! I am very hopeful . Best of luck to you too ! 

Edited by YGrabo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got invitation to informations session today ? . Anyone here planing to attend? I will be there on 7/23/18 at 4pm . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys . Does anyone know how long the information session will be ? I know it starts at 4pm, I just need to plan on returning and I cannot find the information about what time the information session will end .

thank you if anyone gets back with me on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you have one outstanding prerequisite will BayPath hold that against you as opposed to an applicant who has finished all of their prerequisites? I'm just missing their ethics requirements unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

Does anyone know if you have one outstanding prerequisite will BayPath hold that against you as opposed to an applicant who has finished all of their prerequisites? I'm just missing their ethics requirements unfortunately 

During the information session they stated that you can have up to 2 unfinished prerequisites . Hopfully it helps . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys . Today I got email from Bay Path that my application is complete and under review! Woo! Hoo! 

Good luck everyone ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2018 at 6:09 PM, drmelzar said:

Anyone heard when interview invites go out?

I was looking back at the previous posts about Bay Path in 2017-2018 and it looks like applicants were invited via email October 16-20th for interviews in November around 20th or so. I'm guessing it will be about the same this year. I guess we just have to wait it out...good luck to everyone! ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 9:51 PM, Laedya said:

I was looking back at the previous posts about Bay Path in 2017-2018 and it looks like applicants were invited via email October 16-20th for interviews in November around 20th or so. I'm guessing it will be about the same this year. I guess we just have to wait it out...good luck to everyone! ? 

Looks like that and this is what they say on their information session back in July . 

does anyone know if Bay Path interview has a written portion and what the writing will be about ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 12:52 PM, Love4Artie said:

Hello Applicants!

I am applying to Bay Path University for the second time this year! I am hoping to connect with other applicants and lend support where I can and am asked to. Best of luck to us all! Oh and FYI I successfully completed my app last year, interviewed and was accepted to BPU. I am applying again because I had some family matters that took precedence. I really hope to get in again this time around. I am currently finishing up my application. Anyone out there already submitted or almost there?

 Do you mind if I ask what your stats and hours were? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello potential BPU students,   I wanted to give you a little advice as you get ready for the interview process.  First off, we just finished up our semester and had our White Coat Ceremony.  This is usually when the admission team starts to go through the applications and decide who to interview for the next incoming class.  Give them some time, they personally read every part of all the applications - so this takes some time! 

Secondly, as a first year student that went through the process last session, I was excited and surprised when I met my classmates for the first time in June. 

What do I mean by that?  BPU does not pick a 'cookie cutter' student.  We are a very diverse group of people with varied backgrounds.  The things we all have in common is our passion for medicine, a team approach to the process of learning and practicing, and a positive attitude regarding hard work.  This program requires really hard work!!  Seriously. ?

If you get an interview,  be yourself and relax.  It's really that simple.  They want to get to know you and determine if you'll fit well into the group dynamics they are building.  Don't come in with generic and rehearsed answers to questions.   Think about the questions they are asking and give honest and meaningful answers.  If you've made the cut for the interview then you've already impressed them with your knowledge and background.  The interview day is your chance to let them know the dynamic, inspiring, hardworking team player that you are!  

All this information is my personal opinion.  I'm a first year student and not part the admission committee.  I just wanted to wish you all luck and give a little advice from a retrospective view.  I look forward to meeting some of you as members of the class of  2021!  Now - I have to get back to studying...

 

Chrysten

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chrysten said:

Hello potential BPU students,   I wanted to give you a little advice as you get ready for the interview process.  First off, we just finished up our semester and had our White Coat Ceremony.  This is usually when the admission team starts to go through the applications and decide who to interview for the next incoming class.  Give them some time, they personally read every part of all the applications - so this takes some time! 

Secondly, as a first year student that went through the process last session, I was excited and surprised when I met my classmates for the first time in June. 

What do I mean by that?  BPU does not pick a 'cookie cutter' student.  We are a very diverse group of people with varied backgrounds.  The things we all have in common is our passion for medicine, a team approach to the process of learning and practicing, and a positive attitude regarding hard work.  This program requires really hard work!!  Seriously. ?

If you get an interview,  be yourself and relax.  It's really that simple.  They want to get to know you and determine if you'll fit well into the group dynamics they are building.  Don't come in with generic and rehearsed answers to questions.   Think about the questions they are asking and give honest and meaningful answers.  If you've made the cut for the interview then you've already impressed them with your knowledge and background.  The interview day is your chance to let them know the dynamic, inspiring, hardworking team player that you are!  

All this information is my personal opinion.  I'm a first year student and not part the admission committee.  I just wanted to wish you all luck and give a little advice from a retrospective view.  I look forward to meeting some of you as members of the class of  2021!  Now - I have to get back to studying...

 

Chrysten

Thank you Chrysten for taking your time and writ all this voluble information for us! 

Best of luck to you in your studies!

Yuliya 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More