Jump to content
nephron

Northwestern 2018-2019 Cycle

Recommended Posts

Congrats to everyone who has gotten interview invites! I'm sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders. Got the "app under review" email July 25th, and am anxiously awaiting to hear something. For those of you who have interviewed already, how was the interview set up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, Stanfordman84 said:

Interview scheduled for August 22. Super excited and looking forward to meet everyone who’s interviewing that day. Best of luck to all

1

I just got my interview for that day as well! Congrats and good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone receive a rejection? I’m just wondering if they actively send out rejections along with interview announcements 

Edited by HopefulPA2021
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! Congrats on all those who received interview invites! I got an email today for my invite - September 12th. I feel like I'm in the latter of the interviewing groups!

I will be coming from California. Anyone have advice on which airport to fly in, locals hotels, rent a car or just uber? 

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dee L. said:

Hello everyone! Congrats on all those who received interview invites! I got an email today for my invite - September 12th. I feel like I'm in the latter of the interviewing groups!

I will be coming from California. Anyone have advice on which airport to fly in, locals hotels, rent a car or just uber? 

Thank you!

 

When was your app complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MeganZoet said:

Is it basically worthless applying now so late in their application cycle?

Last year I completed my application on the deadline and got an interview invite in November. So it's not totally hopeless. I ended up getting waitlisted, though.

This year I'm interviewing on August 27th after being verified on June 24th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dee L. said:

Hello everyone! Congrats on all those who received interview invites! I got an email today for my invite - September 12th. I feel like I'm in the latter of the interviewing groups!

I will be coming from California. Anyone have advice on which airport to fly in, locals hotels, rent a car or just uber? 

Thank you!

 

Congrats! ORD and MDW are both good options to fly into. Go with whichever is cheapest. If you plan on staying IN the city, uber and public transportation will probably be your best bet (even to and from the airport as there are trains that run to both). Chicago is pretty accessible so don’t feel like you need to stay in a hotel SUPER close to campus if they’re expensive. I live a couple miles north of downtown in Lakeview and the train to campus takes about 20 minutes so don’t be afraid to look farther out. PM me if you have any other questions! Good luck!

Edited by bobacat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dee L. said:

Hello everyone! Congrats on all those who received interview invites! I got an email today for my invite - September 12th. I feel like I'm in the latter of the interviewing groups!

I will be coming from California. Anyone have advice on which airport to fly in, locals hotels, rent a car or just uber? 

Thank you!

 

Congrats on the interview! You can fly into midway or ohare. If midway you can take the orange line into the city. If ohare you can take the blue line train. I would suggest buying a ventra pass when you arrive. There is a $5 nonrefundable charge to buy the pass. It will make taking public transportation easier. The L trains (blue/orange lines) costs 2.50 per ride. Buses cost 2.25. If you get the pass the first interchange costs 0.25 and second interchange is free within the two hours time. Or Uber or lyft if you don’t mind more transportation costs. There are tons of hotels and Airbnbs in the city. That’s just depend on your own price range. It will be more expensive in the area that’s next to northwestern. Enjoy Chicago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bobacat said:

Congrats! ORD and MDW are both good options to fly into. Go with whichever is cheapest. If you plan on staying IN the city, uber and public transportation will probably be your best bet (even to and from the airport as there are trains that run to both). Chicago is pretty accessible so don’t feel like you need to stay in a hotel SUPER close to campus if they’re expensive. I live a couple miles north of downtown in Lakeview and the train to campus takes about 20 minutes so don’t be afraid to look farther out. PM me if you have any other questions! Good luck!

Great! That's really good advice. Awesome, thank you so much! I will definitely PM you with any other questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MyPath said:

Congrats on the interview! You can fly into midway or ohare. If midway you can take the orange line into the city. If ohare you can take the blue line train. I would suggest buying a ventra pass when you arrive. There is a $5 nonrefundable charge to buy the pass. It will make taking public transportation easier. The L trains (blue/orange lines) costs 2.50 per ride. Buses cost 2.25. If you get the pass the first interchange costs 0.25 and second interchange is free within the two hours time. Or Uber or lyft if you don’t mind more transportation costs. There are tons of hotels and Airbnbs in the city. That’s just depend on your own price range. It will be more expensive in the area that’s next to northwestern. Enjoy Chicago!

Thank you so much for all the info! Coming from a place that (unfortunately) does not emphasize on public transportation, trains can be daunting and intimidating (I know, that sounds so silly lol). I've heard so many great things about Chicago, I am beyond excited. Thank you again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 6:12 AM, CAPrePA94 said:

Hey Dee L. I am from San Diego! What part of California are you from? What I did was fly into MDW. My interview is on Monday, and I am staying at the Doubletree on Ohio St. Since you are coming in from the airport, I recommend finding a hotel close to the interview spot and arriving a day or two early to acclimate to the time change :). Best of luck to you!

Hi! I will be coming from Orange County! When is your interview date? My date will be on a Wednesday and I found flights cheaper flying into O'Hare on that day (from what I heard, it's usually cheaper flying in MDW?). Thank you for your advice!! It has been so comforting getting all this support! Good luck on your interview!!! May I reach out to you to get advice regarding the interview process afterwards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 7:38 AM, bobacat said:

Interview scheduled for Aug 13!!! Invite sent July 12. 

Hi there,

Congrats on the interview! Hipe

it went well. Was there much of an MMI portion or was it pretty straightforward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CheesePlease said:

Does anyone know if Northwestern has started sending out rejections?

From my experience, I don't think Northwestern sends out rejections until they are done interviewing for the entire cycle, so not until Jan/Feb 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 7:59 AM, Dee L. said:

Hi! I will be coming from Orange County! When is your interview date? My date will be on a Wednesday and I found flights cheaper flying into O'Hare on that day (from what I heard, it's usually cheaper flying in MDW?). Thank you for your advice!! It has been so comforting getting all this support! Good luck on your interview!!! May I reach out to you to get advice regarding the interview process afterwards? 

Sure! I'll talk about logistical information ? They explain how the day goes pretty well in the beginning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a phone call from Jeremiah letting me know that I have been ACCEPTED! So incredibly excited! Best of luck to everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to everyone being accepted and getting interviews! I just received an interview invite for October 10! I’ll be coming from Seattle. Anyone else going to be there then?

Edited by acjpnw
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, acjpnw said:

Congratulations to everyone being accepted and getting interviews! I just received an interview invite for October 10! I’ll be coming from Seattle. Anyone else going to be there then?

Congrats!!

I am also going to be there on October 10th! Coming from Los Angeles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 9:48 AM, Ashley102741 said:

Congrats!!

I am also going to be there on October 10th! Coming from Los Angeles

Excellent! I'll see you there then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More