Northwestern 2018-2019 Cycle

19 hours ago, Lindsay727 said:

Congrats to all who have interviews and have been accepted! Would you guys mind sharing your stats? 

I interviewed on 8/22 and was accepted on 8/29!

GPA: 4.0

GRE: Verbal - 160, Quant - 162, Writing - 5.5

PCE: 564 (CNA and volunteering in free medical clinic)

HCE: 1,500+ (Pharmacy technician)

Shadowing: 125 hours

I was worried about not having enough patient contact hours, but they must have taken into consideration that I'm still a full-time student finishing up my final year of undergrad. I know it's hard not to compare yourself to other applicants, but I really felt like Northwestern was truly interested in finding out who I am as a person, not just a scholar or future healthcare professional. Don't get too wrapped up in numbers and just show them the very best version of yourself!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bns07 said:

I interviewed on 8/22 and was accepted on 8/29!

GPA: 4.0

GRE: Verbal - 160, Quant - 162, Writing - 5.5

PCE: 564 (CNA and volunteering in free medical clinic)

HCE: 1,500+ (Pharmacy technician)

Shadowing: 125 hours

I was worried about not having enough patient contact hours, but they must have taken into consideration that I'm still a full-time student finishing up my final year of undergrad. I know it's hard not to compare yourself to other applicants, but I really felt like Northwestern was truly interested in finding out who I am as a person, not just a scholar or future healthcare professional. Don't get too wrapped up in numbers and just show them the very best version of yourself!

Thanks for your reply ? and congrats on your acceptance! Northwestern looks like an amazing program. I am still hoping for an interview invite and trying to stay positive. The wait is always the hardest part! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 7:56 PM, maddipayge said:

Is anybody that is interviewing on October 17th having trouble finding lodging? Every single hotel that I have called that is near Northwestern is completely booked for the night of the 16th.

Hey I am interviewing on the 17th as well! I have not been able to find affordable lodging. Would you be interested in splitting a hotel room? 

Edited by jbonet13

Hello All and congrats to everyone on their acceptances and invites to interview!

I was just given the opportunity to interview in November and I cannot express how excited I am! :)

Is anyone else out there interviewing in November?  If so, where are you traveling from?

And since we are sharing...

I submitted on June 27, verified on July 6th and was asked to interview in November.  It's always the waiting that gets to you, but I'm super pumped about this year's cycle!!

• Like 1

I'm super nervous that I may not even get an interview. Long story short... I have a very low undergrad GPA due to being young and immature. Now I have an MS and working on completing PhD with 3.7 GPA. I have all the other requirements covered. I'm hoping they can see that I am not the same student and a much more qualified applicant now. I just know there are a lot of motivated undergrads who have excellent numbers for every requirement. Excited and nervous at the same time!

• 4 weeks later...