Jump to content

University of Charleston WV 2018-2019 Cycle


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, PAdude96 said:

Also received an invite to interview, date TBD! For those who also got invites, how soon after did they follow up with a date/time? Thank you!!!

Congratulations!! I received my follow up email, with date and time, 1 minute after I received the invitation!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just received a call from Lailah at 10:30 AM today offering me a seat! I'm so excited!!

I was lucky enough to get off the waitlist, however, I have just sent the email to decline my seat because I got into one of my top schools. Good luck to one of you!  ANDDD big shout out to the a

got a call a few hours ago and im off the waitlist!!!! still does not feel real im SO excited to be joining this program, i got my waitlist email at 5:57 EST on 9/17

On 6/21/2018 at 1:04 PM, PAdude96 said:

Also received an invite to interview, date TBD! For those who also got invites, how soon after did they follow up with a date/time? Thank you!!!

Hey, did they ever follow up with you regarding your TBD interview, I still haven't received anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, leahschills said:

Does UC's PA program do rolling admissions? I don't recall seeing that on their website so I'm surprised they're doing interviews already, not that I'm complaining!

I think they technically are not rolling admissions. They do interviews throughout, but on their website they say they will interview ALL applicates that meet the qualifications and apply before the deadline. I read on last years forum that they normally take 1 or 2 for each interview, and the rest have to wait to find out (accepted, wait list, or rejected) until all interviews are completed.  

 

EDIT TO INCLUDE A CLARIFICATION: by saying "all those who meet the qualifications" I DON'T mean the qualifications to apply to the school, I mean whatever the school had decided the qualifications for interview will be this year.  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Edited by paramedic09
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paramedic09 said:

I think they technically are not rolling admissions. They do interviews throughout, but on their website they say they will interview ALL applicates that meet the qualifications and apply before the deadline. I read on last years forum that they normally take 1 or 2 for each interview, and the rest have to wait to find out (accepted, wait list, or rejected) until all interviews are completed.  

To clarify what paramedic09 said....This is from the website... "All qualifying applications will be scored and individuals who meet the predetermined threshold will be invited for interviews." So once youve met their required GPA/GRE/etc, then the apps are scored through their scoring system, and selected to interview. Goodluck to everyone applying! Cant wait to meet everyone on the July 24 interview:)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jess2018 said:

To clarify what paramedic09 said....This is from the website... "All qualifying applications will be scored and individuals who meet the predetermined threshold will be invited for interviews." So once youve met their required GPA/GRE/etc, then the apps are scored through their scoring system, and selected to interview. Goodluck to everyone applying! Cant wait to meet everyone on the July 24 interview:)

 

Lol yeah, the clarification was necessary. Paramedic09 made it seem like everyone qualified gets an interview and that's definitely not true. I applied here last year and got rejected. Applied again and improved things on my app and got an interview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More