South College 2018-2019 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, EllisAKfuturePA said:

Congrats to all who have received interviews!! I’m trying to be patient and trust the process. I have not heard anything yet from any of the locations other than a confirmation after submitting. 

I applied in June and this was the first i heard since that confirmation email. Good luck!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Knoxville interviews from Jan to May with everyone informed by July.

South college Knoxville:

• Informed of interview Dec/12
  • Interview date Jan/18

My Stats

• Fluent in three languages: Finnish, Serbian, and English. Proficiency in Spanish. Learning ASL
  • Undergraduate non-science: 3.82
  • Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
  • Undergraduate science: 3.4
  • Patient Care Hours: 1572 ED Scribe
  • GRE: 321 total (164 verbal and 157 math) –Accepted on 8/08/17
  • Killer personal statement in my opinion
  • Letters of Recommendation: ER PA, ER NP, current boss, and College advisor
  • Major in college: Biochem, graduated in May 2016 from Georgia Tech
  • Current Job: Oct/2016-Present, research chemist at CDC
  • Two Prerequisites completed in Fall 2018: A&P II with lab and just Microbio Lab
  • Verified CASPA: 09/20/18 because professional transcript entry took 10 days after receiving my grades.
Edited by LizardKing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, Biaboyd345 said:

hello, for those of you who have applied and already heard back, approximately how long was it between the time that they informed you that your application was complete until they informed you of an interview invite or rejection? and do they notify you by email or phone call or snail mail?

I don't think they informed me that my application was complete, but I submitted it to CASPA back in May and it was verified in June I think. I received my interview invite in December by e-mail.

From what I know, they still have two more interview dates coming up (February and March, I think), and I'm not sure if they've sent out interview invites for those yet. They probably will after January's interviews are over, so you still have time! Good luck!

• Upvote 1

My supplemental application was verified on 10/28 from Knoxville otherwise I have not heard back from them. My supplemental application for Nashville and Atlanta were verified on 1/7 and I Garrett Bruner talked to me on the phone on 1/9 about the competitiveness of my Nashville application and I've emailed him since to see if there are updates (which I figured not since I hadn't received an email) and there weren't any. I'm hoping to hear back soon but if anyone applied around those dates know that you aren't the only ones anxious and waiting! Is there anyone else that has applied around those times and received an interview yet?

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, Biaboyd345 said:

hello, for those of you who have applied and already heard back, approximately how long was it between the time that they informed you that your application was complete until they informed you of an interview invite or rejection? and do they notify you by email or phone call or snail mail?

It all varies, mainly around when you submitted it and got the notification it was on to holistic review. Have you spoken to Garrett about your application yet? If not, give him a call. He is fantastic, to say the very least, and will point you in the right direction. They will notify you by email about an interview invite. I have not heard about anyone getting a flat out rejection for an interview but it is highly likely not every person that applied is on this site. Again, it differs from person to person.

Talk to Garrett if you have not already and go from there. 

Good luck!

Rob

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rtimmons said:

It all varies, mainly around when you submitted it and got the notification it was on to holistic review. Have you spoken to Garrett about your application yet? If not, give him a call. He is fantastic, to say the very least, and will point you in the right direction. They will notify you by email about an interview invite. I have not heard about anyone getting a flat out rejection for an interview but it is highly likely not every person that applied is on this site. Again, it differs from person to person.

Talk to Garrett if you have not already and go from there. 

Good luck!

Rob

Hi,

Where did you find his contact info? Looked for it on the website but couldn't locate it! Thank you!