South College 2018-2019 Cycle

1 hour ago, keverett said:

Congratulations!

Would you be willing to share your stats? 

Also, did they say anything about when other offers should go out by? 

Thanks ?

Thank you! 

Undergrad GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.79
GRE 318
PCE: ~10,000 hours ophthalmic assistant and clinical research coordinator
HCE: 100 volunteering, 160 shadowing PA
Licensed EMT. 
My undergrad classes are older as I’m an older applicant, about 8-10 years ago.

They didn’t say anything regarding other offers. 

16 minutes ago, rpat11394 said:

My app was verified 6/18 and sent in the supplemental app and GRE before that but never received a confirmation email! Unless the supplemental application fee receipt is the confirmation?

I received an automated e-mail back in June saying "Application Complete and Ready for Review." It was from a webadmit.org e-mail address. Did it maybe go to your junk mail? If not, maybe you should contact them.

5 minutes ago, silverandshadow said:

I received an automated e-mail back in June saying "Application Complete and Ready for Review." It was from a webadmit.org e-mail address. Did it maybe go to your junk mail? If not, maybe you should contact them.

I searched this in my inbox and found it!! I received it the day I was verified! Thank you! 

On 9/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, PAtobe33 said:

Would anyone interviewing mind sharing their stats? Good luck!!!

Overall Undergrad GPA: 3.44

Cumulative Undergrad Science GPA: 3.43

GRE: 149 Verbal, 156 Math, 4.0 Analytical Writing

Direct Patient Care: OR Clinical Assistant (1,700+ hours and counting)

•    Experience in the operating room including operating a fluoroscopic C-arm, operating an ultrasound, drawing medications, performing blood glucose tests, and prepping patients during vascular surgery and interventional pain management procedures.
•    Experience performing nerve conduction studies (NCS) and assisting with electromyography (EMG) tests.
•    Experience assisting with new patient visits including triaging, collecting urine samples, taking medical history, obtaining a history of a patient’s present illness, scribing for the physician, explaining treatment procedures to patients, making prescriptions, making imaging orders, entering patient medical history and plan of care into EHR, and discharging the patient.
•    Experience in triage including taking a blood pressure and pulse, collecting urine drug screens, collecting oral drug screens, performing pill counts, conducting a comfort assessment, obtaining a pain score, confirming pharmacy and primary care providers, and reviewing current medications.
•    Experience assisting the physician with a CTEV laser during endovenous laser ablations.

Volunteer/Leadership: ~2,000+ hours

Shadowing: 21 hours with Pain & Rehabilitation PA and a Trauma/Burn ER PA

Letters of Rec: 4 total (2 MDs, 1 work supervisor, 1 academic advisor/professor)

Application Verified: July 27th - July 31st (varies per school)

• Like 2

I hope this helps someone!

I applied to the Knoxville campus 7/31, interviewing 10/26. All prerequisites were complete at the time of application + majority of "recommended" courses listed on the website.

major: Nutrition

minor: Spanish

cGPA: 3.91 sGPA: 3.91 GRE: 159V, 165Q, AW 4 

400 hours as an ED scribe at time of application

150 healthcare volunteer hours, 20 other volunteer hours

670 hours of health related research

Shadowing

PA: 50 hours (family med, pediatric, ortho, cardiothoracic surgery)

MD: 72 hours (family med, ortho)

Edited by cross22

4 hours ago, Panamx3 said:

Hi guys so I just submitted my supplement app and have been verified since September 3. My stats are overall undergrad 2.94 and science undergrad 2.4. I have 1149 Patient care experience as a scribe and technician. Ive also interned 560 hours at a nursing home. I have a total of 308 for my GREs. I just wanted to compare my stats and see if anyone has similar stats to me or had any luck of getting invited to an interview?

Same boat. 3.18 cGPA and a 2.78 sGPA. ~7000 PCE in the Air Force as a med tech and 1000 HCE as a study coordinator. 304 on the GRE. Mostly rejections so far. Right now I'm just anticipating having to work on my application for the next cycle, So I've just been taking courses to improve my sGPA and overall application. 

2 minutes ago, charmalarm said:

has anyone been rejected? i applied to knoxville and havent heard anything either way

Last cycle, they didn't send rejection letters until May. Based on if they are still doing what they did last year, they have interviews almost every month until then. If you applied to the Nashville campus, the admissions representative can tell you if they have reviewed your application & given a decision. I'm not sure if Knoxville does the same.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, NPthePA2018 said:

Last cycle, they didn't send rejection letters until May. Based on if they are still doing what they did last year, they have interviews almost every month until then. If you applied to the Nashville campus, the admissions representative can tell you if they have reviewed your application & given a decision. I'm not sure if Knoxville does the same.

I emailed Garrett to ask about the status of my application and he said that it has not been reviewed yet. I was a little confused because people who submitted their apps after me have already been reviewed and I'm wondering why that is. Is this a bad sign or have they just not gotten around to it? Do I still have a chance?!

43 minutes ago, qwerty12345 said:

I emailed Garrett to ask about the status of my application and he said that it has not been reviewed yet. I was a little confused because people who submitted their apps after me have already been reviewed and I'm wondering why that is. Is this a bad sign or have they just not gotten around to it? Do I still have a chance?!

I emailed about my application too for the Nashville Campus, and Garrett offered a personalized review of my app via phone. It was actually a super encouraging thing since I was worried I had been too late in applying! 

He informed my application hadnt been reviewed yet, so I obviously wouldn’t be in the first set of interviews (since those invites already went out) but I still had a chance for any of the future ones! I applied in September so statistically it makes sense I have to wait. Let’s try to stay positive, fellow friends, while we wait! ? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, qwerty12345 said:

I don't think it's a bad sign that they haven't reviewed it yet. I submitted 08/15 & Garrett said it would be around the beginning of November before they could review mine so I would continue to call every 3-4 weeks to see if your app has been reviewed and given a decision. Best of luck!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...