University of Iowa 2018-2019 Applicants

On 9/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, michelle0131 said:

how was the interview?!?!?!?

The MMI interview was great. They truly just want to get to know who you are.

The key is to not give them answers that you think they want to hear. Rather, calm down and just speak as though you would if you are talking to family friends...professionally yet cordially. They know if you are giving canned, well-rehearsed answers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Accepted! Here are my stats:

GPA 3.67 BS in Biology

HCE 6000 as ER Tech

GRE 160 V 157 Q 5.0 W

Applied May 29, Interview invite July 25, Interview Aug 25, Accepted Aug 30

Interviewed also at Emory, Yale, Wake Forest, and U of Florida.

Was totally not expecting to get in since they only accept 25 students. Everybody was incredibly nice, and the MMI was very efficient. I felt like it gave me the opportunity to talk about all my strengths.  

Edited by cmcmcm
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 9:19 AM, wiscopa said:

For the first day it states business casual, for those who have interviewed what did applicants typically wear? I was thinking either dress pants and a nice shirt/sweater or a dress. Is this too casual?

Was wondering the same thing. I'll be at the interview this coming Friday/Saturday and am trying to finalize what I'm going to wear!

• Like 1

Guest SoyLatte
On 9/22/2018 at 3:39 PM, SandraM said:

Congratulations to all those that received an interview invite/acceptance into the program. Anyone else interviewing on September 28th-September 29th?

??‍♀️ I will be there!

On 9/23/2018 at 7:19 AM, wiscopa said:

For the first day it states business casual, for those who have interviewed what did applicants typically wear? I was thinking either dress pants and a nice shirt/sweater or a dress. Is this too casual?

This is a universal question, but don't stress about it. The goal is to not stand out in a negative way. For business casual, men wear slacks and a dress shirt without a tie. To make it formal for interview, add a blazer and tie. Ladies, wear slacks/dress skirt and nice blouse and flats, then add a blazer and heels to make it formal.

25 minutes ago, mgh123 said:

I interviewed end of August and haven’t heard anything. Anyone know if they have they started sending out rejections from those that have been interviewed? 

Remember when they announced at the interview that they will not announce denials until all interviews have been held. However, after a month or two following the interview, you can email them for updates on whether you have been denied outright or are still in the running.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

Applied a bit over a month ago and pretty quickly got placed on interview hold list September 4th.

Nothing since then. 

Kinesiology major

cGPA 3.65

sGPA 3.97

GRE : 157v (76th) 157q (65th) 5.5aw (98th)

5,000 HCE (direct patient care) and 2500 volunteer hours. 

Congrats to all who have gotten in and interviewed! I hope to be joining you soon. Good luck to everyone and have faith. 

Edited by bcfa22
Added percentile scores on GRE

17 hours ago, bcfa22 said:

Applied a bit over a month ago and pretty quickly got placed on interview hold list September 4th.

Nothing since then. 

I'm in the same boat! Applied July 9th, verified July 19th and then placed on a hold August 9th but radio silence since. I was placed on a hold last year and then offered an interview a couple of days later so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, Victory1322 said:

I'm in the same boat! Applied July 9th, verified July 19th and then placed on a hold August 9th but radio silence since. I was placed on a hold last year and then offered an interview a couple of days later so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. 

Hopefully both or at least one of us moves off the list! I'm with you it is stressful as hell waiting like this. It's still decently early at this point though. Keep your head up! 

• Like 1

Guest SoyLatte
On 10/2/2018 at 9:44 PM, mgh123 said:

I interviewed end of August and haven’t heard anything. Anyone know if they have they started sending out rejections from those that have been interviewed? 

My interview group was told that only a select few applicants will be accepted and notified within a week post interview. The rest (acceptances, rejections, waitlist) will have to wait until ~December to find out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he say that they leave seats open after each interview? Then the alternates are considered all at once for any remaining open spots? Then after the seats are all filled it functions as a waitlist essentially at that time? 

Edited by bcfa22

1 hour ago, bcfa22 said:

Same here. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he say that they leave seats open after each interview? Then the alternates are considered all at once for any remaining open spots? Then after the seats are all filled it functions as a waitlist essentially at that time? 

I think they have offered all the seats to people and if they decide to not take the offer then they will consider people on the alternate list