Air Force HPSP Application and Beyond

I have a couple questions that I didn't see answered in previous posts so I figured I might as well ask them. 

1. How do you fulfill the 45 active duty days during grad school and rotations? There isn't that long of a block in my pa school schedule.
  2. When are the tests? By this I mean physical qualifications and drug screenings and such. Are they at the same time? Are they before or after you can be considered for the HPSP?
  3. I am direct admit to my pa program, so can my application be processed much earlier than others? Does this put me at a significant advantage?
  4. I've talked to a recruiter and started the process of applying, but realistically, what are the odds of getting a spot? Is there a rough estimate of how many they have per year?

If you have any answers or experiences to share, I'm all ears.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 7:41 AM, Kronos231 said:

I have a couple questions that I didn't see answered in previous posts so I figured I might as well ask them. 

1. How do you fulfill the 45 active duty days during grad school and rotations? There isn't that long of a block in my pa school schedule.
  2. When are the tests? By this I mean physical qualifications and drug screenings and such. Are they at the same time? Are they before or after you can be considered for the HPSP?
  3. I am direct admit to my pa program, so can my application be processed much earlier than others? Does this put me at a significant advantage?
  4. I've talked to a recruiter and started the process of applying, but realistically, what are the odds of getting a spot? Is there a rough estimate of how many they have per year?

If you have any answers or experiences to share, I'm all ears.

1. For PA, since there is not a summer break you wont participate in the 45 days of AD (active duty). I don't know if this would work with your direct admit program though. They usually only give 2 year to PA students (36-48 for medical/dental students)

2. You will complete all the "test" prior to starting the program once you get selected by the committee or maybe while putting your package together. physical and drug test will be done at MEPS. The recruiter will give you a date to go to MEPS. 

3. LIke I said earlier. I dont know how many months they will give you. It may only pertain to the Masters portion since the military uitilized PAs with a Masters. Just ask a recruiter if it qualifies. 

4. depends on the fiscal year needs - can range from 0 - 25 spots. If you have a good application you have a good chance. 

• 1 month later...

Are there any current Air Force PAs that can give advice on the frequency and duration of deployments after graduating school? I am meeting with a recruiter next week but was hoping to get some realistic current information before going.

Archived