New Grad UC/Family

I have an offer for an urgent care/family practice in CA that will be primarily focused on urgent care as the physician who owns the practice manages most of the family medicine patients.

4 10's a week with 1 saturday 8hr shift a month-make my own schedule with the other PA on staff

20-25 pts a day with small procedures, lacs, abscesses etc.

dual coverage with either a physician or another PA for all shifts

$60/hr with full benefits after 90 days and malpractice covered, no non-compete clause in contract

CME's covered

14 days of vacation a year

No retirement offered which isn't too big of a deal because I already have one set up privately and have been contributing over 10 years. 

Other than licensing reimbursement is there anything missing?

$60/hr with full benefits after 60 days? Are you getting paid a reduced salary or just benefits not kicking in until 60 days? 20-25 is a good amount of patients per day for a new grad. Be aware as I think that is WAY too many for you until you have at least 1 year experience. I would do 2 patients per hour for at least 6 months. Ask and let me know this is a legal issue. You will get burnt out very quickly and your anxiety/stress will kick in a few months with worrying you are missing something (which is very possible being new and see that many)....Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the help! I will look into all of these things!

camoman1234- the pay is full from day one, only the benefits kick in at a later date. I'll be in 'orientation' for the first 3 months and then will be on my own with another provider so there will always be someone else there with me. I was told the patients are very low acuity so hopefully this is true and allows for time for adjustment.

Archived