North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2018-2019 cycle

14 hours ago, karmhorn said:

I still haven't heard anything about a possible interview ? I was told in August that my application was being looked over. Does anyone know how many seats they have left/how many interview groups they have left to do??

Pretty sure it’s ~54 seats total.  6 are dual students and the rest will be from the interviews this year. Last year they interviewed up until December. October is 3rd round of interviews. Wanna say there about 32 in each interview 

Edited by kmanring

19 hours ago, Paramedic2pa222 said:

If U get in you get a phone call. If u get a email you are either rejected, waitlisted, or further decisions. Acceptance calls were last Thursday unsure if they will call anymore. Oct 12 interviews are already sent out.

Do we think all Oct 12th interviews have already been sent?

Do we have any insight as to how much the CASPer test weighs on the decision? Given that I was emailed suggesting to take the CASPer test in July to be eligible for an August interview date and have heard nothing, I believed my app must have looked okay prior to taking that test (but maybe not, of course!). I’m nervous I somehow performed poorly - I don’t necessarily think that test is indicative of how someone can be a great provider just given the rush in such lengthy responses. 

Anyone have any insight? Thank you and continued luck to all of you!!

17 hours ago, BLfuturePA said:

Do we have any insight as to how much the CASPer test weighs on the decision? Given that I was emailed suggesting to take the CASPer test in July to be eligible for an August interview date and have heard nothing, I believed my app must have looked okay prior to taking that test (but maybe not, of course!). I’m nervous I somehow performed poorly - I don’t necessarily think that test is indicative of how someone can be a great provider just given the rush in such lengthy responses. 

Anyone have any insight? Thank you and continued luck to all of you!!

It Is not heavily weighed right now for decision making, according to Laura Gerstner- Chair of PA Admissions Committee. I asked her the same questions during an open house and was told it may, in the fiuture, be used to compare applicants who are really close statistically. This is the first, or second, year it is being used. As long as it’s complete and without any major red flags, I wouldn’t even think twice about it. I thought I bombed it, every answer was cut short mid-sentence for me.

3 hours ago, dreuther5 said:

It Is not heavily weighed right now for decision making, according to Laura Gerstner- Chair of PA Admissions Committee. I asked her the same questions during an open house and was told it may, in the fiuture, be used to compare applicants who are really close statistically. This is the first, or second, year it is being used. As long as it’s complete and without any major red flags, I wouldn’t even think twice about it. I thought I bombed it, every answer was cut short mid-sentence for me.

Thank you for this!! Great information. 

3 minutes ago, carlimar1017 said:

I am flying in from Florida, already have my flight tickets but have no clue where to stay. So I read over all the post for this cycle and last cycle and haven’t seen anyone post where they stayed. Any advice?

I stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Lillington when I visited for the open house and again when I interviewed. It is only a few minutes away from campus. It was reasonably priced and the room was clean.

26 minutes ago, Apollo1 said:

Does anyone know the interview format? I look over the program website, but couldn't find anything regarding MMI/panel interviews etc...

There is an individual interview with a faculty member and a PA from the community, and a group interview where you and a few other applicants will be presented with a scenario and asked to discuss it. 

• Like 1