North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2018-2019 cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Congrats! Dual students are supposed to present their research the week of July 15th- but we haven’t been given an official date. In the past there’s a few day break and then pa school starts so I’d say the last week in July. But I’d email Wes just to be sure. There also might be an academic schedule coming out soon. 

Be sure to join the facebook group and congrats again, can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, crcrown said:

Anyone that was accepted this cycle go to the open house? was it helpful? Did any faculty remember you at the interview?

I went to the open house and made an appointment with an advisor for earlier the same day since I was visiting from out of state. The open house was very insightful and I'm glad I went.  I recieved an invitation to interview the following morning and there were some familiar faces, who also recognized me, at the interview. If you're able to, I highly recommend attending. 

• Like 1

I went to the first open house and yes Wes did remember me as did some of the 1st year students that were there for the tour and Q&A session.  During the beginning we were in a room with fellow PA students as well as PhD PT and Pharm PhD students as well.  Was a great day and encourage you to go to one if you can.   

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 2:15 PM, freshteh said:

I just got accepted from the wait list!  It's been my dream to attend Campbell for so long, and I'm so grateful to start next week!  3rd time applying.  Keep trying, and don't give up.  Message me if you have any questions.

Just so happy this worked out for such a good person! You’re going to make an amazing PA ♥️

• 2 months later...

Any students on here choose Campbell over Duke? Campbells facilities and simulation technology looks amazing! Duke didn't impress me as much with their building or technology at all, but faculty seems pretty good and I wonder if that Duke name looks good for applying to jobs across the country if I were to move back home. For those who had opportunities at both any thoughts would be appreciated as I contemplate my decision. Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, FuturePA55 said:

Any students on here choose Campbell over Duke? Campbells facilities and simulation technology looks amazing! Duke didn't impress me as much with their building or technology at all, but faculty seems pretty good and I wonder if that Duke name looks good for applying to jobs across the country if I were to move back home. For those who had opportunities at both any thoughts would be appreciated as I contemplate my decision. Thanks! 

Hey! So I am only on the waitlist at Duke and got acceptance into Campbell. I agree with you, Campbell's facility is amazing and everything looks new and organized while Duke was pretty unimpressive when I went for my interview. The providers I work for all told me that the school you go to does not matter at all, plus Campbell has an awesome rep anyways. For me, I would personally choose Campbell over Duke, you could save a good penny doing so as well!

Hey guys!!! So I got accepted in Campbell and ECU, and I am very grateful for that. I just have been having a hard time deciding between the two, solely because of cost: ECU is about $43k and Campbell is about $86k.

Both great schools with great reps. I really liked Campbell but I just can't get myself to turn down such a cheap tuition from a great school! If Campbell and ECU were the same price I'd go to Campbell for sure. Cost is a big factor for me and a lot of my friends said that cost shouldn't be a deciding factor, but $43k difference is a lot haha like imagine the things you could do with that. I also do not qualify for most scholarships (especially need based ones).

Campbell: Great facilities, great staff, great location for rotations (I want to work in Triangle area at some point, i.e. WakeMed), 98% avg PANCE pass rate, $86k tuition

ECU: Good facilities, good staff, ok for location for rotations, 100% avg PANCE pass rate, $43k tuition

I honestly could be happy at either school, I just would love advice and insight on how I should go about deciding. Congrats to those who have been accepted! And good luck to those still waiting! 🙂