North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2018-2019 cycle

On 11/7/2018 at 8:58 AM, freshteh said:

Team waitlist as well from Nov 2nd interview-anyone else on the same boat?

Congrats to everyone who got acceptance calls!!

To everyone waitlisted: this is a sign that we are moving in the right direction.  If you are certain that you want to become a PA, do not give up.  Keep working toward your dreams, and they will be fulfilled.  Congratulations on making it to the wait list!  This is an excellent improvement.

Waitlist for me as well! 

• Like 1

I wanted to reach out to all the wait list folks.  When I was at the accepted students event today I spoke to Wes about how the wait list works.  Simply put he said the reason nobody is given a number for the wait list is because it fluctuates depending on multiple factors on the application.  One week the person might be at the top and the following week it might change due to how the pool of wait list applicants are viewed.   Sorry I don't have more precise information to give but wanted to let you know what I did find out.  Have my fingers crossed for all of you.  

• Like 3

Wes said there will be an interview in a couple of weeks at the end of November. Has anyone received an invitation? Did everyone receive an invitation to the virtual fair tomorrow? 
I received an invite to the virtual fair but haven't heard anything back from them about my application..[emoji58]

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just now, Packman PA said:

I did the virtual fair earlier this spring and helped answer a lot of my questions.  I have already been accepted but happy to answer any questions I can help with.  Sadly, I don't know anything about more interview dates and such in the near future.

Was the virtual fair group conversation or did it ever turn 1 on 1? Is it just to ask general questions about the school or are questions about my application specifically appropriate to ask as well? 

1 hour ago, AAschwaegel said:

Was the virtual fair group conversation or did it ever turn 1 on 1? Is it just to ask general questions about the school or are questions about my application specifically appropriate to ask as well? 

you can ask a question and then they will directly answer your question but it is seen in a group forum setting.  At least that is how it was when I did it online

you can ask a question and then they will directly answer your question but it is seen in a group forum setting.  At least that is how it was when I did it online

Okay! Thank you so much for the information! 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lahss said:

Upcoming class or upcoming interview session?

This is the email: 

Hello,

We are thankful to have received your application this cycle.  At this time, our class for the 2019 start date is full.  Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to offer you an interview.  However, I hope to hear from you in future cycles.  I strongly suggest that if you are going to reapply, to do so as soon as the cycle reopens in April.  I 'd also be happy to help point you in the right direction if you feel you need to make changes to strengthen your application before April, and you may want to consider our HPREP program.  If you would like to know more, simply respond to this email and indicate as much.

Thank you for your time and consideration of Campbell PA,

The Campbell MPAP Admissions Committee

College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences

Campbell University“

For those who didn’t get in, I highly suggest the HPREP program. You spend a few days on campus, meet professors, get a ton of info on the school, gre, networking,interview tips,  ect. Other programs join so you meet a ton of people. Basically it’s a casual interview setting for a few days for the professors to get to know you. Pretty sure the application goes out in January. If you have questions I’m happy to answer questions 

3 hours ago, Pinkterp said:

I was sent an email today saying that the upcoming was full. However, I have been accepted to another program. Good luck to all of you for the rest of the cycle!

Same boat, but definitely glad to have heard back and feel like I have a set plan for the future. Felt like I was in a very expensive limbo paying for one program not having heard back from another. Best of luck to the Campbell class of 2021 and to all those on wait-list! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...