North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2018-2019 cycle

2 hours ago, kmanring said:

I am a dual student- so right now I am in public health classes until mid July with 5 other dual students. we will start with y'all in the fall!  But I don't think we will get immunization info til later this fall when other people find out 

@sweetcaroline I would imagine so since so many people have found out already-- but I haven't heard. Last year they didn't tell us until a few days after our interview.

Okay, I just haven’t heard either way, which is weird... And I felt like my interview went really well! 

17 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

so aside from paying the deposit, did anyone get any next steps yet? I know they mentioned we needed to get certain vaccines asap. 

I think the main thing to get done quickly, from what I remember, is to make sure you have the Hep B series and a positive titer. If your titer comes back negative, you will have to repeat the series, which can take several months. 

1 hour ago, sweetcaroline said:

Okay, I just haven’t heard either way, which is weird... And I felt like my interview went really well! 

I wanna say people heard waitlist or a no via email last year. But I do know they deliberate post interviews so maybe talked about small amount, and with the long weekend they will today... honestly not real sure. sorry, idk if thats actually that helpful 

On 9/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, Bubbles said:

I think the main thing to get done quickly, from what I remember, is to make sure you have the Hep B series and a positive titer. If your titer comes back negative, you will have to repeat the series, which can take several months. 

do you have any idea where to get that done at? I haven't had a vaccine since I started work and it was through occupational health. 

14 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

do you have any idea where to get that done at? I haven't had a vaccine since I started work and it was through occupational health. 

If you have already received your Hep B series (likely since you’ve had healthcare work experience), you can get a titer done with your PCP. Then, if your PCP is positive, you don’t need more immunizations. If your Hep B titer is negative, or you haven’t had the series, employee health can likely provide the immunizations. If not, PCP. 

15 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

https://www.vaccines.gov/getting/where/index.html

You should be able to find out which services are offered and where using this link. Vaccinations are often free or discounted through health departments.

2 hours ago, charmalarm said:

if they were to reject someone, would it be via their portal or an email? anxiously awaiting, but i havent heard anything either way

Last year the sent my rejection through email and event put in the email where I was weak in the adcoms review.  My second year applying to Campbell and PA programs in general.   Hope this helps and best of luck this cycle ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AAschwaegel said:

I just read that the campus is closed from today until Sunday. So, if you are like me hoping they would be sending more offers for interviews this week, I am not so sure that is going to happen! 

Thanks for the update, relieves some of my anxiety. Now to continue praying for the Carolinas ?

Edited by carlimar1017

35 minutes ago, carlimar1017 said:

The is for the update, relieves some of my anxiety. Now to continue praying for the Carolinas ?

That storm looks crazy, as nervous as I am about PA school, and not yet hearing about an interview, that is obviously not what is important.  You guys that live in that area are in my family's prayers, good luck, and stay safe!

1 hour ago, charmalarm said:

congrats to all who have been accepted ?

i applied early may and had already had casper done then too. i havent received an interview or rejection, has anyone been rejected yet or have any insight ?

im excited to possible go here, but if im going to be rejected i wish i could know.

I know one person that has been rejected, but he was also missing a prerequisite (or that's what he told me at least), so I am GUESSING, and this has been mentioned before on this same forum if you look back, that we are still being considered for future interviews.