2018-2019 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

Guys, who already interviewed could you please help me to answer this question:

does this campus has a cadaver lab ? Do they require  for students to volunteer during the didactic year ?

what style was the an interview format ?

any heads up greatly appreciated, I really like this area and school. Hopfully I do well during my interview. Tickets are so expensive buying them last minute. 

Anyone going there for interview on 10/09? Feel free to contact me ( PM) if you would like to meet the night before !

Yuliya  

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savannahwillbanks said:

I’m interviewing 10/9 too! Sent back my interview acceptance email the same day but still haven’t gotten an email with any more details like they said they were going to be sending. Have you gotten anymore info?

This is last email from them :

Thank you for confirming your attendance for the Physician Assistant Studies Interview Day at PCOM - GA Campus on ( date)  An agenda will be provided upon your arrival on campus, however, you can expect to enjoy refreshments upon your arrival.

In advance of your interview appointment, please take a moment to read the program's Technical Standards document below describing the requirements for matriculation and degree completion. You will be asked to confirm that you have reviewed this document upon your arrival on campus.

Professional attire and conduct is expected for the length of your visit.

Directions to campus can be found at: 
Please arrive at GA-PCOM's Northlake Building located at:

2601 Northlake Drive
Suwanee, GA 30024

Upon your arrival on campus, please check in at the Security Desk. You may then proceed to the Admissions registration table where you will be asked to present a photo ID.

Please note that if you do not appear for your interview on the assigned date, your application will be withdrawn.

Should weather conditions become unfavorable, please be sure to call PCOM's Weather Emergency Hotline at after 6:00 am on the date of your interview to be certain that the college is open for business. Interviews will be conducted if the college is open. If not, you will be contacted about rescheduling your appointment.

We look forward to meeting you and wish you safe travels!

Sincerely,

Hi everyone ?

My name is Maryann and I was verified the first week of September. Still waiting to hear back but wanted to thank everyone for keeping this conversation going - it is extremely helpful with all the stress of waiting! Best of luck to all of you and will update what happens with my app when I hear back.

My Background:

• Social Work/Psychology double major
  • sGPA 3.52
  • HCE hours a bit over 2000 working on an L1 Trauma/Surgery unit as an APCT
  • Fellowship in palliative care and hospice
  • Hopeful geriatric primary care provider in a rural setting 

On 10/4/2018 at 4:35 PM, Savannahwillbanks said:

Hm I never got that, I’ll follow up! Thanks for sharing, see you there!!

Hi Savannah ,

it was so very nice to meet you ! Now is some more waiting to do !

school has some amazing resources to offer for the students ! 

I really enjoyed our interview day !

best of luck ? 

11 hours ago, cgarbison said:

To the people have gotten in - congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?

I can share mine

Biology Major

sGPA- 3.88

cGPA- 3.87

~3000 DPC hours as a PCT

100 Volunteer hours 

& various leadership roles and extracurriculars 

14 minutes ago, ByGraceAlone said:

For those that have already interviewed, what is PCOM’s interview style like? Is it MMI or individual? And also do they have you file open during the interview or is it a blind interview? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to deal with my nervousness Lol 

Traditional questions, will go over your CASPA with you. 

Archived