Hardin-Simmons 2018-2019 Cycle

To the candidates that just received interviews, firstly congratulations!! In my opinion Hardin-Simmons not only has the best program but by far the best county to conduct your training in as well. On the day of the interview there were 22~ students and we were all sitting in a long room for a majority of the morning. Each candidate receives a folder with a paper in it specific to that candidate. On the paper there are three interview times one group and two individual then a transcript review, the order in which these are arranged are random from what I could tell. Dr. Eams and the rest of the faculty were so SO nice and understanding to the level of anxiety candidates feel. I personally had to apologize to Dr. Wicks because I couldn’t catch my breath lol. One bit of advice I will say is bring a little granola bar because I couldn’t eat that morning but around 10 am.... I was so hungry I thought was going to throw up. At noon once all interviews were complete Jason’s deli was served for lunch and current students came in and spoke with us in small informal groups. 

All in all, I truly think Hardin simmons is by far the best PA school in Texas, and their interview process was another example of that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, charmalarm said:

based on what everyone else is saying, i applied before and after some of the people who got invites. i wonder if this means im rejected or if i am in some "maybe" pile.

Well my application was verified on 06/07/2018 by CASPA and under review by Hardin-Simmons on 06/15/2018. I emailed Bonnie pertaining to another issue, and in the same email she also stated that I would be invited to one of the interviews to be held in September, though they have not selected specific dates for September at this point. I was told to keep a look out for an email within the next month! So, I don't think that not hearing back yet means that you have been rejected or anything. I'd just continue to wait and see what happens! You'll hear back soon enough. They seem to be really good with actually notifying individuals when a decision has been made!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, michellepa said:

For those of you that have interviewed, what time did you get done. I'm trying to plan my flight but not sure how long the whole process takes.

It was done around 12 and then they provided lunch for us at that point and you can choose to tour the campus if you want afterwards... So with lunch I would say by 1pm you'll be done 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikecosltey said:

Well my application was verified on 06/07/2018 by CASPA and under review by Hardin-Simmons on 06/15/2018. I emailed Bonnie pertaining to another issue, and in the same email she also stated that I would be invited to one of the interviews to be held in September, though they have not selected specific dates for September at this point. I was told to keep a look out for an email within the next month! So, I don't think that not hearing back yet means that you have been rejected or anything. I'd just continue to wait and see what happens! You'll hear back soon enough. They seem to be really good with actually notifying individuals when a decision has been made!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, KrebsCycle said:

What do you think made you stand out during the interview?

I personally believe that being honest with the faculty, my character, and personal/professional growth as an applicant played a role in the decision. The way this program and faculty conduct themselves shows that while professional, they care deeply about their students. Ultimately, this resonated with me in regards to what I was looking for in a PA program and made my interview experience much easier, which also played a role in standing out

Edited by UM245
  • Like 1