Hardin-Simmons 2018-2019 Cycle

6 hours ago, futurepatx said:

For those that got an email that the school verified your application, is that the same email they sent with the subject "THANK YOU FOR APPLYING"?" I received that email thanking me for applying to their program and that they are currently reviewing applications, but did not receive an individual email stating that my application is currently under review. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to them and was told that I should be receiving an email letting me know that my application was under review. A couple of minutes after receiving that email, I received another email stating.....

"Thank you for applying to Hardin-Simmons University Physician Assistant Program for Fall 2019.  We have everything we need from you and are currently reviewing applications.  We do have a rolling admissions and plan to interview students through January 2019.

I will be your contact person throughout the application process.  If you have not heard from us by January 30, 2019, please feel free to contact me. "

3 hours ago, futurepatx said:

Hmm, the only email I received from them is similar to yours, except it did not say "We have everything we need from you and are currently reviewing applications." Mine only says "We are currently reviewing applications" but the rest of the email is the same.

What I got was: 

Thank you for applying to Hardin-Simmons University Physician Assistant Program for Fall 2019. We are currently reviewing applications. We do have a rolling admissions and plan to interview students through January 2019.

I will be your contact person throughout the application process. If you have not heard from us by January 30, 2019, please feel free to contact me.  

I ended up receiving an interview for July 11th..

On 6/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, Jennifer01 said:

What I got was: 

Thank you for applying to Hardin-Simmons University Physician Assistant Program for Fall 2019. We are currently reviewing applications. We do have a rolling admissions and plan to interview students through January 2019.

I will be your contact person throughout the application process. If you have not heard from us by January 30, 2019, please feel free to contact me.  

I ended up receiving an interview for July 11th..

I received the same email as this and got an interview for July 18th so I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you got the THANK YOU FOR APPLYING email. 

4 hours ago, idau85 said:

Rejection email arrived 7/5/18. My application was confirmed 5/2/2018. Good luck! 

Also got rejected today via email. Honestly I'm kind of surprised because I felt this was a school I was competitive enough to at least interview at. But oh well! The journey continues and it only takes one school to say yes for you to be a PA ? Good luck everyone else!

27 minutes ago, SoonToBePAC said:

Also got rejected today via email. Honestly I'm kind of surprised because I felt this was a school I was competitive enough to at least interview at. But oh well! The journey continues and it only takes one school to say yes for you to be a PA ? Good luck everyone else!

When did you apply?  Good luck to you, hopefully you land several interviews this cycle 

On 6/3/2018 at 5:52 AM, britt1022 said:

Good luck to everyone applying this upcoming cycle!!

I will be attending HSU PA Program this upcoming August. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me! I am more than willing to help out ?

Hi britt1022,

What kind of group interview was performed? Also, were there any questions you weren't prepared for?

20 hours ago, lgarner2001 said:

Hi britt1022,

What kind of group interview was performed? Also, were there any questions you weren't prepared for?

The group interview is very small. I believe 6 applicants total. They just give you a question that yall discuss for about 10 minutes. I actually enjoyed the group interview because you got the chance to interact with the other applicants and share your opinion.

I can't think of any questions that I wasn't prepared for. The whole interview process is laid back and they really just want to get to know you. 

22 minutes ago, physasst3 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

GPA 3.48/SGPA 3.25 (Upward trend with last 60 hours ~3.7+) 

post bac 34 hours (all science) - 4.0 

GRE - 309 with 4 in writing.

HCE- ~1500

PCE- ~2100+ (in my husband’s dental office taking X-rays, helping with procedures/treatment, taking vitals) 

I was pretty bummed because I thought I’d have a good shot of interviewing.. especially since I went to college in Abilene, but it wasn’t meant to be. Best of luck to those interviewing today! 

On 6/18/2018 at 2:52 PM, Jonathon1 said:

I got an interview invite for July 11th as well. Good luck to everyone!

On 6/18/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jennifer01 said:

I just got an interview invite for July 11th! Good luck everyone!

For those who interviewed today...how'd it go? Any advice? I'll be there next week and starting to get a little nervous/excited!

20 hours ago, egrace said:

For those who interviewed today...how'd it go? Any advice? I'll be there next week and starting to get a little nervous/excited!

The interview process wasn't that bad. It was very laid back and not as nerve racking as you would think... Just be yourself and don't stress!

4 minutes ago, Kylerjordan3 said:

Submitted CASPA 5/24

Verified 5/25

Interviewed 7/11

Accepted 7/12

Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing! Just be yourself in your interviews and know why you want to be a PA. Can’t wait to meet everyone who will matriculate next fall!

Wow that was fast! Congrats! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kylerjordan3 said:

Submitted CASPA 5/24

Verified 5/25

Interviewed 7/11

Accepted 7/12

Good luck to everyone applying/interviewing! Just be yourself in your interviews and know why you want to be a PA. Can’t wait to meet everyone who will matriculate next fall!

Congratulations!!! Did they contact you by telephone or email?