Hardin-Simmons 2018-2019 Cycle

25 minutes ago, KrebsCycle said:

For those that already interviewed and were from out of town, what hotel did you use and what was your opinion of it? The reviews are all over the place between Google and Hotels.com and I need a little help deciding where to book.

I'd prefer a hotel on the cheaper side. 

Thanks!

Sleep Inn & Suites University was comfortable and very close to the PA building. 

27 minutes ago, KrebsCycle said:

For those that already interviewed and were from out of town, what hotel did you use and what was your opinion of it? The reviews are all over the place between Google and Hotels.com and I need a little help deciding where to book.

I'd prefer a hotel on the cheaper side. 

Thanks!

I got a good rate at the Holiday Inn Express and overall it was fine and included breakfast. It was also a straight shot to the PA buliding. I saw a couple of other interviewees there as well!

Anyone else hear anything that has interviewed? i interviewed and havent heard anything, so i assume im waitlisted :/.

i wonder if that means i even have a shot at being accepted or basically just waitlisted. . . 

also for whoever asked, the holiday in. Express was like a hundred bucks and right near the pa building. I would just drive by it the day before to locate it and parking, but I wouldn’t go in. So easy to find.

Edited by charmalarm

4 hours ago, zoltman said:

Super late to the game, but I just applied! I was hesitant and wasn't sure if I wanted to apply here but I saw the deadline was later so I gave it a shot!

Best of luck everyone.

That’s awesome! I interviewed and it seems like a great program. It is rolling admission, but they set it up in a way that there will still be seats open at the end of the cycle because they want to accommodate late but fabulous candidates. Good luck!

19 hours ago, charmalarm said:

That’s awesome! I interviewed and it seems like a great program. It is rolling admission, but they set it up in a way that there will still be seats open at the end of the cycle because they want to accommodate late but fabulous candidates. Good luck!

Great to hear! I was a bit worried that I'm a late applicant. I should've just applied to this program back in July with all of my other applications -__-

I'm in Texas, so I initially applied all of the Texas programs (except UTSA). The tuition for HSU was astronomically high for being in-state, and I figured I couldn't justify spending out-of-state tuition prices for an in-state program. That along with the fact they are brand new and have yet to have a full accreditation.  

But, this cycle I actually applied to several out-of-state programs. So in the end, if I do go out of state, I'd be paying the same amount anyway. 

9 hours ago, zoltman said:

I'm in Texas, so I initially applied all of the Texas programs (except UTSA). The tuition for HSU was astronomically high for being in-state, and I figured I couldn't justify spending out-of-state tuition prices for an in-state program. That along with the fact they are brand new and have yet to have a full accreditation.  

But, this cycle I actually applied to several out-of-state programs. So in the end, if I do go out of state, I'd be paying the same amount anyway. 

That makes sense! Have you heard anything from them? I haven’t even gotten a confirmation that they have received my application.

19 hours ago, bostland said:

That makes sense! Have you heard anything from them? I haven’t even gotten a confirmation that they have received my application.

Yup! I got an email saying they have received everything and my application in complete in its entirety. 

The point of contact will be bpowell@hsutx.edu. Reach out to her if you have any questions! 

Hey everyone, I interviewed here on 9/19. Super impressed with the program and the interview process. They are very nice. 

I was accepted on 9/21. 

From what they told my interview group of 20, they have had 6 interview sessions and were planning on doing at least two, maybe three more before January. So if you just applied you should still have a chance. They still have seats open. If you interviewed and haven't heard anything you are in "queue", not exactly waitlisted. They want to give the people who applied later an even chance. 

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, charmalarm said:

Anyone else hear anything that has interviewed? i interviewed and havent heard anything, so i assume im waitlisted :/.

i wonder if that means i even have a shot at being accepted or basically just waitlisted. . . 

also for whoever asked, the holiday in. Express was like a hundred bucks and right near the pa building. I would just drive by it the day before to locate it and parking, but I wouldn’t go in. So easy to find.

Hi! I am a member of the class of 2020. I was waitlisted when I interviewed. It doesn't necessarily mean you couldn't still be offered acceptance! I'm not sure if you have heard anything by now one way or the other, but Ms. Bonnie will send out emails after the application cycle closes and they have time to go through remaining applications thoroughly. If you are waitlisted at that time, they will send you an email with your number on the list. As the list moves up, they will keep you updated. At least, that was my experience. Up to  #7 on the waitlist was offered acceptance last year, so there is definitely a chance  you'll get in if you do end up on the waitlist!

Edited by Brookeana10
  • Upvote 1