Hardin-Simmons 2018-2019 Cycle

5 minutes ago, futurepatx said:

for those that have already interviewed, what did the transcript review consist of? did they just sit there and look over your transcript, and asked about your grades?

They’re just making sure you have all the necessary prerequisites completed. I would bring an updated transcript if you’ve taken any classes since submitting your CASPA. They didn’t ask anything about grades. It’s super simple!:) nothing to stress over!

So for the other people who interviewed, basically there’s been 1 acception (kyler) and one rejection, do you guys think the rest of us are waitlisted or what? Lol, also do not be discouraged by kyler getting accepted so quickly, he is litterally the ideal candidate, premed program scholarship receiptiant, a plethora of different shadowing experiences, working as a CMA, this guy was very well prepared. It is obvious looking at his stats why he was accepted so quickly. 

Now aside from the praise lol, should we be waiting by the phone for a call or will they just hold packets until the 08/08 Interview?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hopeful2018 said:

So for the other people who interviewed, basically there’s been 1 acception (kyler) and one rejection, do you guys think the rest of us are waitlisted or what? Lol, also do not be discouraged by kyler getting accepted so quickly, he is litterally the ideal candidate, premed program scholarship receiptiant, a plethora of different shadowing experiences, working as a CMA, this guy was very well prepared. It is obvious looking at his stats why he was accepted so quickly. 

Now aside from the praise lol, should we be waiting by the phone for a call or will they just hold packets until the 08/08 Interview?

I think for everyone who interviewed 7/11 who hasn't heard anything it's just a waiting game for the interview on 7/18 and 8/8 to see if they make any more decisions 

7 hours ago, Hopeful2018 said:

Why do you think they rejected you with such high stats? Did you think the interview went good/bad?

The interview was really short. 10-20 minutes each. Nothing tricky. Basics like "tell me about yourself," "why do you want to be a PA" etc. I thought my answers were pretty decent, but sadly it didn't have the right things they were looking for. Good luck everyone!

51 minutes ago, Hopeful2018 said:

Has anyone called Bonnie? O.o I’ve been tempted to just to see when the initial acceptances/rejections are finished but I didn’t want to be the 10th person that calls in a day haha.

They said at the interview that if we don't hear back then we are on the waitlist and we could still be accepted... They told us this in the interview so that way we wouldn't be calling Bonnie asking when acceptances would go out. They don't want to send out a lot of acceptances early on so I don't think calling is going to make a difference. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats to all on your interviews and applications!  If you received a rejection, don't give up and keep swinging for the fences.

I would recommend that you don't call Bonnie.  There will be the rare occasion where someone will get a very quick response like Hopeful2018 stated above.  I wouldn't take it as anything other than just the stars aligning that made that rapid response happen.  When waiting, remember that the faculty that interviewed you are still teaching classes, preparing to transition one class into clinical rotations and to start the onboarding of the second class.  They also have families and summer vacations as well ?  Its a really, really busy time of the year so hearing results of your interview may take a while.

Essentially what has been said is correct.  If you have not received a rejection notification then you are on the current waitlist.  Don't think that means that you are competing for the 30th seat.  It simply means that they make sure that they have seat availability through the final interview session of the cycle.  After every interview session every application is re-reviewed.  The normal process is that as you get closer and closer to the end of the cycle the admission letters become more frequent.   Patience is HARD, but I don't know of a program where you get so many looks at your profile in order to select the very best group of PAs.

Congrats to Kyler on his acceptance.  I will create a closed Facebook group in the next few days (after tests!) so that you and your fellow classmates can meet one another as well as the two classes ahead of you.  If you would PM me your contact info I will get you an invite!

• Like 1

Guest physasst3
On 6/3/2018 at 5:52 AM, britt1022 said:

Good luck to everyone applying this upcoming cycle!!

I will be attending HSU PA Program this upcoming August. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me! I am more than willing to help out ?

Hey! So I know that they group and individual interviews. How do the group interviews work? Is it more of problem solving exercises?

16 minutes ago, physasst3 said:

Hey! So I know that they group and individual interviews. How do the group interviews work? Is it more of problem solving exercises?

In the group interview they just ask you a question and you discuss/answer as a group (about 6 or so people). Just be sure everyone gets to speak and you work together to build off of each other