2018-2019 CASPA App cycle

Guest thatgirlonabike

Well last year the invites went out on Aug 25th but the deadline this year isn't until Sept 1 with interviews Oct 8, 9 & 10.  I wonder how long after the deadline they will send out interviews.  Does anyone have any insider information?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatgirlonabike

@hannam

This will only be the third class to matriculate to they have provisional accreditation for a certain number of years until they have enough data to receive the continued one.  

Guest thatgirlonabike

@hannam I'm editing this post because I was in the wrong thread.  There was another discussion I was part of  about a different school that was on probationary accreditation.  This is not the same thing at all.  

ALL new programs are provisional for a number of years until they have time to collect enough data for reevaluation.  It won't affect us or the current students at all. 

As a NC native, I think considering UNC has a well established school of medicine with a wealth of other allied health programs, a lot of this is simple policy and procedure. UNC is also the only state supported hospital system which gives them plenty of options for clinical sites. I’m not overly concerned but that’s just my opinion. Nonetheless, good luck to all! I shared a link to the ARC-PA. Feel free to take a look.

http://www.arc-pa.org/frequently-asked-questions/standards/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am a current second-year student at the UNC Chapel Hill Physician Assistant program. I know that the faculty is still reviewing applications and decisions for interviews should be going out soon. If you guys have any questions you need answering feel free to reach out and ask. 

Good Luck!

6 hours ago, AKPA89 said:

Hi everyone, I am a current second-year student at the UNC Chapel Hill Physician Assistant program. I know that the faculty is still reviewing applications and decisions for interviews should be going out soon. If you guys have any questions you need answering feel free to reach out and ask. 

Good Luck!

Do they send out all interview invites at the same time?

4 minutes ago, Frankiealilye said:

It was the number! I called it back and a person answered, which was super awkward lol! She said she was going to call me back tomorrow, but I got an interview!!! It was a 919 area code.

Congratulations!!! The number that called me was 919 as well... but I live in Raleigh so really, it could have been anyone! I guess we’ll see tomorrow. So happy for you!! (Also giggling, because you got a person you weren’t expecting! ?)

7 minutes ago, NCCathLab said:

I got the call also around 8pm last night. Certainly didn't expect to receive that call that late. I almost didn't answer my phone either, thinking it was a spam/robo caller. 

See you guys in a few weeks! ?

Good to know they call so late - I'll keep a look out and actually answer my phone if I do get a call.

Congrats to everyone on the interviews!! ?

On 9/15/2018 at 9:15 PM, nathanmitchell7467 said:

Do they send out all interview invites at the same time?

Typically yes, they send the invites out on the same day. Congratulations to all that got an interview. Best interview advice I can give, is make sure you can bring something to the interview that they can remember you about, do your homework about the PA profession and the UNC PA program, and practice your interview questions and answers so when they ask you those generic interview questions your answers are concise and composed. 

If you need any help with interviewing preparation, feel free to reach out.

Archived