2018-2019 CASPA App cycle

Hey, I decided to create a new topic for this year's application.

I do have a question, I am a prior military medic and before I can submit my CASPA app to UNC it is asking me that UNC is specifically asking me to provide the following: 

Please provide the following applicable documents:

• Military Papers Section: Military Separation Forms (DD214)
  • Other Section: Military Transcripts
  • Other Section: Completed Patient Care Experience Forms

I have over 9k PCHs so I am not sure what they mean by uploading the completed patient care experience forms ...any assistance its greatly appreciated! (I did about 4 years in the military as a medic and 2 years as a first responder)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest thatgirlonabike

I am also applying to this program and have 10,000+ hours of PCE as an EMT and Paramedic.  Some of the places I have worked and supervisors who knew me are long gone.  Do we really need to complete a sheet for each of our previous PCE jobs????  

Has anyone found out more details?

Guest thatgirlonabike

So I wrote to the admissions office and they only need 1,000 hours of our PCE verified.  You can list the rest but you only need a form for the 1000 hours!

Hope this helps everyone!

Guest thatgirlonabike

"Thank you for your interest in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Physician Assistant Program.  We will need verification of at least 1,000 hours.  If you current position meets this minimum, it would be sufficient."

This is what the e-mail response was.  

On 6/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, TaylorASU2017 said:

For the supplemental application, does anyone know if you have to send an additional transcript for that? 

From my understanding/interpretation, I think uploading a PDF/Word document of the "unofficial" transcript from each institute you attended is what they are looking for (instead of mailing them directly to UNC/CASPA again). The method I used in Safari was to log into Blackboard/Canvas (under unofficial transcript section) and did File -> Export as PDF.  I'm actually not sure why they require the transcripts again in the supplemental when they are available and verified in CASPA. 

11 hours ago, jinglebells0518 said:

When are we supposed to start hearing about interviews from UNC? I know their program starts early so I would think they would be offering interviews soon

I have a friend who is currently in their program. She said they did not start interviewing until August last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking on the website today for information regarding when interview invites might start going out and the admissions page states: The application cycle for January 2019 is now open until September 1, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on October 8, 9, and 10th. I am thinking we won't hear anything about interviews until after Sept. 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thatgirlonabike
22 hours ago, rtimmons said:

I cannot seem to find anything on their website about if you can have a prerequisite course pending at the time of application. Can any one here elaborate on this for me? 

Thank you for your help. 

From the link posted above "Applicants should plan to have most of the prerequisite work completed by May 31 of the application year. Two pending courses may be in progress during the summer of the application period, but must be completed by August 31."

Guest thatgirlonabike
On 6/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, Dignitary said:

From my understanding/interpretation, I think uploading a PDF/Word document of the "unofficial" transcript from each institute you attended is what they are looking for (instead of mailing them directly to UNC/CASPA again). The method I used in Safari was to log into Blackboard/Canvas (under unofficial transcript section) and did File -> Export as PDF.  I'm actually not sure why they require the transcripts again in the supplemental when they are available and verified in CASPA. 

I'm filling out my supplemental right now and I don't see anywhere to upload transcripts.  How am I missing this?

2 hours ago, thatgirlonabike said:

I'm filling out my supplemental right now and I don't see anywhere to upload transcripts.  How am I missing this?

Under “Academics” you will see (or enter) all of the schools you’ve attended. Within those sections is the place to attach each respective transcript. Hope this helps!

Guest thatgirlonabike
23 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

Under “Academics” you will see (or enter) all of the schools you’ve attended. Within those sections is the place to attach each respective transcript. Hope this helps!

Thanks.  It had added all my schools already do I didn't think I had to edit anything so I skipped right over it. 

Guest thatgirlonabike
36 minutes ago, Piperpottamus said:

Were you able to get back in and edit it? I glossed over it at first, too! 

Yes!  Thank goodness for this forum or I would have submitted it the other day and not thought anything else about it.  

16 hours ago, applicant24 said:

Would it be too late to apply to this program? I know the deadline is in September and it seems that interviews have not gone out yet! Also, would it kill me if my science gpa was not above a 3.25. feeling like it may be a long shot 

I don't think it would be too late. From the way the website reads, it sounds like interview invites won't go out until after Sept. 1st.

As for your science GPA, I say if the school doesn't have a minimum science GPA then go for it. You never know what may come from putting yourself out there!

Archived