Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is anyone else running into the issue of having classes from schools on the quarter system and some only being 4 units? If so, what did you do about it? I never thought taking classes at a university on the quarter system would put me at a disadvantage. The majority of classes are not 5 units! Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ashley15 I took courses on the quarter system and the transcript I received from the school changed it to semester calculations. They were just base classes so it doesn't affect my pre req requirements though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone send out addition recommendation letter requests? I had all of my LORs uploaded to CASPA. Should ask them to send it directly to EVMS for the supplement application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so all transcripts are in, PS written, 5 LOR (2 PA, 3 MD/DO), 25k+ hours of HCE, supplemental completed, CASPER done,around 200 hours volunteer over ten years including leadership experience, research assistantship, and 3.85 for replacement and 3.85 for prereqs. 

 

Here goes nothing . . . Good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when interviews will start? And if they will review your application before having the CASPer test done.

Edited by Layla11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! My name is Piper and I am a second year applicant. I have yet to apply, just since they are not rolling admission. I haven't checked this page and I am freaking out because I haven't taken the casper test yet and saw that someone said Jan 8th was the last day. help!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, piperPAC18 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Piper and I am a second year applicant. I have yet to apply, just since they are not rolling admission. I haven't checked this page and I am freaking out because I haven't taken the casper test yet and saw that someone said Jan 8th was the last day. help!!!

Hi Piper! I was able to find one around mid February.It might still be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Layla11 said:

Hi Piper! I was able to find one around mid February.It might still be available.

Yes!! I just saw there is a date for Feb 28th!! I am so happy 🙂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I took Casper on Jan. 8. From what the website says, the results should be sent in about 3 weeks which it has been already.  Has anyone that has already taken it received any type of notification that their scores were received by EVMS? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

Looking at all these stats I'm not sure I am going to make the cut. This is my first cycle applying to schools and I am from the Northeast. I have applied to three other schools this cycle and had an interview in December at my top choice. I have since been waitlisted by that program and kind of "last minute" am submitting my application to  EVMS as well. I am taking the casper test on Febuary 28th and it says that it takes up to 3 weeks to send the school your scores. I am worried about this because the deadline is obviously March 1, anyone else in this boat? 

I have 600 paid patient care hours as a nursing assistant, 3.58 science and 3.58 non science GPA. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FuturePA2022 My results were just recently sent to EVMS and I have no received notification of receipt yet. However, I assume we might sometime in February.

@Kes1123 I there! EVMS also counts your last 40 credits as a GPA and will take the higher calculation. As long as you take CASPer by March 1st, you are good to go. EVMS doesn't have to receive it by March 1st. This was mentioned in a recent email I received from the school. Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thegrayprepa said:

@FuturePA2022 My results were just recently sent to EVMS and I have no received notification of receipt yet. However, I assume we might sometime in February.

@Kes1123 I there! EVMS also counts your last 40 credits as a GPA and will take the higher calculation. As long as you take CASPer by March 1st, you are good to go. EVMS doesn't have to receive it by March 1st. This was mentioned in a recent email I received from the school. Best of luck to you!

Hi! That makes me feel better!! I calculated it myself so I’m not 100% sure it’ll be what they come up with. My last three semesters totaled 44 credits so I’m wondering how they’ll go about which 4 credit grade not to include from that last semester? Potentially just the order they were entered into CASPA or shown on my transcript? Either way it won’t make a huge difference, but just interested to see if anyone knew haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kes1123 said:

Hi! That makes me feel better!! I calculated it myself so I’m not 100% sure it’ll be what they come up with. My last three semesters totaled 44 credits so I’m wondering how they’ll go about which 4 credit grade not to include from that last semester? Potentially just the order they were entered into CASPA or shown on my transcript? Either way it won’t make a huge difference, but just interested to see if anyone knew haha

My understanding is they take the last 40 credits earned as listed in CASPA. So if you took 40+ credits, they take the last 40 as listed. It’s not last two or three semesters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hannahczaj said:

Only four more months until June!!! Anxiously awaiting the day EVMS sends out interview invites!

Anxious doesn’t cover it my friend. I’m a bundle of nerves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received email today that my file is complete. They have received my CASPer scores. Until June, I am trying to have fun and make the most of my time out of school. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verified this morning before 0600. 

For those of you worried, while my last 40 and prerequisites  are > 3.8, I have cGPA of 2.20 per Caspa. That’s over 300 credits. What the heck was I doing a few years ago??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! First year applicant so I am SUPER nervous but excited to hear from EVMS. I applied back in September but didn’t take my CASPER test until the end of October. Good luck! 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pagirl99 said:

Hi everyone! First year applicant so I am SUPER nervous but excited to hear from EVMS. I applied back in September but didn’t take my CASPER test until the end of October. Good luck! 😊

First time applicant here as well. Hope you achieve your goal. We are all in this together. Godspeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, medic1210 said:

First time applicant here as well. Hope you achieve your goal. We are all in this together. Godspeed!

I hope you achieve yours as well! Stay strong & patient 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More