VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

Is anyone else running into the issue of having classes from schools on the quarter system and some only being 4 units? If so, what did you do about it? I never thought taking classes at a university on the quarter system would put me at a disadvantage. The majority of classes are not 5 units! Thanks!

• Like 1

Okay so all transcripts are in, PS written, 5 LOR (2 PA, 3 MD/DO), 25k+ hours of HCE, supplemental completed, CASPER done,around 200 hours volunteer over ten years including leadership experience, research assistantship, and 3.85 for replacement and 3.85 for prereqs. 

Here goes nothing . . . Good luck everyone!

2 minutes ago, piperPAC18 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Piper and I am a second year applicant. I have yet to apply, just since they are not rolling admission. I haven't checked this page and I am freaking out because I haven't taken the casper test yet and saw that someone said Jan 8th was the last day. help!!!

Hi Piper! I was able to find one around mid February.It might still be available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Looking at all these stats I'm not sure I am going to make the cut. This is my first cycle applying to schools and I am from the Northeast. I have applied to three other schools this cycle and had an interview in December at my top choice. I have since been waitlisted by that program and kind of "last minute" am submitting my application to  EVMS as well. I am taking the casper test on Febuary 28th and it says that it takes up to 3 weeks to send the school your scores. I am worried about this because the deadline is obviously March 1, anyone else in this boat? 

I have 600 paid patient care hours as a nursing assistant, 3.58 science and 3.58 non science GPA. 

@FuturePA2022 My results were just recently sent to EVMS and I have no received notification of receipt yet. However, I assume we might sometime in February.

@Kes1123 I there! EVMS also counts your last 40 credits as a GPA and will take the higher calculation. As long as you take CASPer by March 1st, you are good to go. EVMS doesn't have to receive it by March 1st. This was mentioned in a recent email I received from the school. Best of luck to you!

10 hours ago, thegrayprepa said:

@FuturePA2022 My results were just recently sent to EVMS and I have no received notification of receipt yet. However, I assume we might sometime in February.

@Kes1123 I there! EVMS also counts your last 40 credits as a GPA and will take the higher calculation. As long as you take CASPer by March 1st, you are good to go. EVMS doesn't have to receive it by March 1st. This was mentioned in a recent email I received from the school. Best of luck to you!

Hi! That makes me feel better!! I calculated it myself so I’m not 100% sure it’ll be what they come up with. My last three semesters totaled 44 credits so I’m wondering how they’ll go about which 4 credit grade not to include from that last semester? Potentially just the order they were entered into CASPA or shown on my transcript? Either way it won’t make a huge difference, but just interested to see if anyone knew haha

2 hours ago, Kes1123 said:

Hi! That makes me feel better!! I calculated it myself so I’m not 100% sure it’ll be what they come up with. My last three semesters totaled 44 credits so I’m wondering how they’ll go about which 4 credit grade not to include from that last semester? Potentially just the order they were entered into CASPA or shown on my transcript? Either way it won’t make a huge difference, but just interested to see if anyone knew haha

My understanding is they take the last 40 credits earned as listed in CASPA. So if you took 40+ credits, they take the last 40 as listed. It’s not last two or three semesters.