• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping my story will resonate with some of you who are dealing with the possibility of reapplying next year. First of all, don't throw in the towel yet. There are most likely more invites to go ou

Hey future class of 2022!  Just wanted to let you know that the class of 2021 is holding a very informal get together for you guys during interview weekend. Details about location and time will b

Sooooo.. It looks like tomorrow is the day I hope we all make it for the class of 2022!!! Good luck to everyone!! Stay positive!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Guest SecondCareerPrePA

So we're waiting on emails we should have received yesterday?  Okay then...  Well yesterday marked three weeks since I interviewed, but also three weeks until fall classes at ODU begin, so I've gotta get that ball rolling in case I don't get in.  Stuck in between...  🤪

Edited by SecondCareerPrePA
Guest SecondCareerPrePA
5 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

Well I'm disappointed but is it weird to feel a little relieved? That $150,000 in student loans scared me! lol 

Rooting for yall!

It is a lot of money, that those of us who need loans are going to be paying for a long time.  It's a big decision.  If this is a vocation you feel passionate about, you will find your path there.

I don't know why it has taken longer than three weeks for some of us to hear back, but it sounds like there are people behind the scenes trying to fix an email problem, and if that is a fact, I hope they know just how important a decision this is for us.  An opportunity to be in this program or any other program is going to change the course of our lives.

Do something you believe in, and be passionate about it.  Don't be afraid to pursue what you believe in, and don't let others deter you from what you want for yourself.  Sometimes you have to stand up to be treated fairly, or demand an apology you know you deserve.

There are communities all over Virginia, and all over the country, trying to heal right now, and we need leaders who are not afraid to break off from institutions to right the course.  We need to, as a population, stop shrugging and saying "that's just the way it is".  Things need to get better, and my generation, your generation, we need to make things better for our kids, and it starts by finding your voice and demanding change.

Everyone I met on interview day, and everyone I met through this forum, you are all future leaders, and you can change things for the better.  If EVMS is lucky, they'll be a part of your story.

I wish all the best for each of you,

Tom

Edited by SecondCareerPrePA
to sign
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello past applicants! I know that the due date for this cycle is in a few days, but I am still contemplating whether or not I should waste my money on yet another application. I thought that I had a good chance at this school until I digged deeper into their admissions handbook where it talked about "STRONGLY RECOMMENDING" over 1k hours of paid direct clinical experience. I just learned that they count scribe hours as "peri clinical" and not "direct" patient care experience. I have over 1K hours of scribing experience. I just graduated this December with BS biology, so I did not have the funds or the money to get certified for a hands-on job such as an EMT or CNA. At first I felt okay applying to this school since they do not technically require healthcare experience and I have a lot of HCE hours. But it seems like their past statistics shows that applicants had both peri and direct PCE (I only have peri). I was wondering if any of you that got accepted mainly had peri-clinical hours instead of the direct PCE? I used to work as a home health aide which was technically direct PCE, but I did not learn anything about what a PA does like I do at my scribe job. Every provider that I worked with told me being a scribe is one of the most valuable experiences to become a PA so I really feel like I am gaining as much knowledge as possible for PA school with my limited resources as a in-debt recent graduate. What do you think? Should I just look at other programs that will accept my scribe hours as PCE instead?