VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

14 hours ago, GapLustrum said:

Yeah, this doesn't seem very productive. Sorry for giving the impression I had literally not heard a single negative thing about the school and was expecting all sunshine and rainbows. That wasn't the case, but I realize that came across in my wording/hyperbole. I think most of us had already made up our minds what we were going to do pending an offer, but if "1234PA1994" provided something new that changed things last minute for anyone, cool I guess. From my perspective, at the time I read their post, without much clarifying details, in this context, without knowing who they were, it didn't seem very helpful, but I realize someone could have felt differently. Sorry for starting a shitstorm, this is why I stay off social media lol.

I appreciate this comment. There’s no reason to attack each other for different views. I understand that many people are depending on this one school and that was one of the reasons I wrote my initial comment. I want those who are counting on this and still do not get in to possibly consider extending their options during reapplication. I never even said for them to rule out reapplying to EVMS. I’ve been through this like many of you on here and many of my classmates so I can empathize. Sometimes I feel that it can be damaging to many individuals’ self esteem who do not get in to see people talk about how great everything is. I’ve heard people tell me they quit trying over the perception that they are failures. I’ve heard from those who do give up because they put all their eggs in one basket and keep failing and also some who are dead set on coming here and applying 5 times to get in. I thought having people see what I have to say, being a current student, would have more weight and actually help them gain a larger perspective, minus some fluff. Reapplying after failing to gain a seat is a difficult situation. I myself spent a great deal of time, money, and effort applying and flying to interviews, and faced quite a bit of rejection myself. That’s why I was saying it’s more about perseverance than being the smartest or what school one attends. Sure it’s a lot of work, but I believe that anyone who gets in to any PA program has to be pretty smart and pretty special because the odds are not in anyone’s favor to get into most programs. I just don’t think the program is as important than the personal effort. I could give you a list of material to learn and you could take care of half of PA studying on your own with books and YouTube videos. SCSIL is the best thing at EVMS as it really prepares you well. I just am a pretty straight-to-the-point person and there are enough over-the-top positive people in my opinion, and a sober, unemotional viewpoint is what I have to offer. Maybe knowing these things can help some people who are struggling and I never wanted this to be about me personally. I’m sure that no matter what people will interpret my words differently depending on their own viewpoint, but I can only control how I react to those views. Good luck with your efforts to be a PA. It is actually a very rewarding career. 

Edited by 1234PA1994
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest SecondCareerPrePA

11 minutes ago, BeAPA716 said:

Sooo do we think today we'll hear something? It's been officially three weeks since the conclusion of the last interview 😧

I hope so!  A student of the MPA program said they didn't have class today, but I don't think the school is closed.  I have my phone close.  Good luck everybody!  

Guest SecondCareerPrePA

Haven't received a waitlist email yet either.  Sorry pafuture1234!  Try not to get too discouraged.  You could still get in somewhere.  I've had to apply a couple cycles.

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
7 minutes ago, Mems94 said:

I haven’t gotten anything yet either. I called and was told we should hear something by the end of day. 

🤞

Good luck to all!

The anticipation is killing me!

Tom

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
9 minutes ago, BeAPA716 said:

just got my rejection email. 

Sorry BeAPA716!  That's a long time to wait for that.  I wish you all the best.  Keep fighting for what you want for yourself.

1 hour ago, SecondCareerPrePA said:

Really hoping all this waiting leads to good news!!!  🤞

I would contact them. I did to verify my email was correct and while it was the right info the email was bounced back and they don’t know why. They had to resend the email via CASPA (still waiting for it)

Guest SecondCareerPrePA

So we're waiting on emails we should have received yesterday?  Okay then...  Well yesterday marked three weeks since I interviewed, but also three weeks until fall classes at ODU begin, so I've gotta get that ball rolling in case I don't get in.  Stuck in between...  🤪

Edited by SecondCareerPrePA

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
5 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

Well I'm disappointed but is it weird to feel a little relieved? That $150,000 in student loans scared me! lol 

Rooting for yall!

It is a lot of money, that those of us who need loans are going to be paying for a long time.  It's a big decision.  If this is a vocation you feel passionate about, you will find your path there.

I don't know why it has taken longer than three weeks for some of us to hear back, but it sounds like there are people behind the scenes trying to fix an email problem, and if that is a fact, I hope they know just how important a decision this is for us.  An opportunity to be in this program or any other program is going to change the course of our lives.

Do something you believe in, and be passionate about it.  Don't be afraid to pursue what you believe in, and don't let others deter you from what you want for yourself.  Sometimes you have to stand up to be treated fairly, or demand an apology you know you deserve.

There are communities all over Virginia, and all over the country, trying to heal right now, and we need leaders who are not afraid to break off from institutions to right the course.  We need to, as a population, stop shrugging and saying "that's just the way it is".  Things need to get better, and my generation, your generation, we need to make things better for our kids, and it starts by finding your voice and demanding change.

Everyone I met on interview day, and everyone I met through this forum, you are all future leaders, and you can change things for the better.  If EVMS is lucky, they'll be a part of your story.

I wish all the best for each of you,

Tom

Edited by SecondCareerPrePA
to sign

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...