VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

36 minutes ago, AvocadoAggie5 said:

Has anyone confirmed if they are still sending out acceptances? Also, is there anyone out there that have been placed on the waitlist this cycle? Thanks and good luck! 

We’re still waiting to find out since it hasn’t been 10 days yet for those that have received initial acceptances...

1 hour ago, AvocadoAggie5 said:

Has anyone confirmed if they are still sending out acceptances? Also, is there anyone out there that have been placed on the waitlist this cycle? Thanks and good luck! 

I can confirm the program sent all 80 offers out on Tuesday. I called and asked. 

Edited by FeelTheMusicPA
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AvocadoAggie5 said:

Got it. Thanks for that. So pretty much all 80 seats are accounted for and the only way they are going to accept more people is if the already accepted decline seats? But If that’s the case, shouldn’t there be people on the waitlist already? 

The waitlist isn’t official yet until after the 10 day mark... 

43 minutes ago, AvocadoAggie5 said:

Got it. Thanks for that. So pretty much all 80 seats are accounted for and the only way they are going to accept more people is if the already accepted decline seats? But If that’s the case, shouldn’t there be people on the waitlist already? 

Yes. They will continue to extend acceptance offers until all 80 seats are secured with a deposit. Once they are, then they release the official waitlist. A rejection can come at anytime during this process. 

• Like 2

To those who didn’t make it, keep applying and cast a wide net. You may be disappointed now, but in the end you may find something better for yourself. EVMS allows decent opportunities, but I’ve been surprised and disappointed at times by the discrepancy between what was initially presented to me and the actual reality of the EVMS PA program. Furthermore, there are also major changes to the program curriculum coming up, so it’s unclear how those changes will impact everything. This isn’t meant to dissuade you from reapplying (or even change the minds of those who are thinking of accepting). These are just things that I wish someone told me before coming here. In the end your education within medicine has much more to do with personal effort than what school you attend. Regardless of where you attend PA school, if you put in the personal effort you will do very well. Trust me, if I can do well, you can too! In my opinion, the willpower to keep pushing yourself through any failure will be an important skill that will carry you through school and your future career as a PA. Raw talent and brilliance on the other hand are no guarantee to success. Good luck to all and congratulations on those who made it to the next step!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GapLustrum said:

^Brand new account, 1st post, from a "student" subtly criticizing EVMS right after initial acceptances go out and people are waiting to see if spots open up from people declining their offer...while all the current students on the facebook page and in real life have nothing but great things to say about the school...not suspicious at all, nope...

Here's the thing, there are people in the class that are unhappy with the way things are run. There's ALWAYS going to be people that are unhappy, there's no way to please everyone. There's always going to be good things about a program and there will always be bad things as well. I have several friends in other PA programs across the country and they have similar complaints. No program is perfect. I'm in c/o 2021 and I am pleased with my decision to attend EVMS. Yes, they may be making changes in the future but it's only to benefit the future students. The faculty is incredibly mindful making the curriculum and making things connect. 

I'm not too sure if @1234PA1994 is actually in my class or not, but either way, they are entitled to their own opinion and maybe that's their take on how the program is going. At the end of the day we're going to make it out as PAs and will have a good education to back it up. Congrats to all of those that have been accepted and good luck to those reapplying and those waiting to hear back!

Edited by ac1980
  • Like 4

No, I didn't receive an email, but I interviewed Friday morning and from reading the previous forums in this chat... a bunch of people have already started receiving acceptance emails. I contacted admissions and they said that they are still in the process of sending out acceptance emails. Basically what that means is whoever hasn't received a an email yet is accepted but is on the wait list for a seat. The people that have already received an email have 10 days from the day that they have received it to accept or decline their seat. When they decline it, then they remove someone off of the wait list. They said there are a lot of people on the wait list and will not tell us where we are on the list. Does anyone know how many people actually ended up interviewing? There were a couple that did not show up to my Friday morning interview.

22 minutes ago, FutureEVMSPA said:

No, I didn't receive an email, but I interviewed Friday morning and from reading the previous forums in this chat... a bunch of people have already started receiving acceptance emails. I contacted admissions and they said that they are still in the process of sending out acceptance emails. Basically what that means is whoever hasn't received a an email yet is accepted but is on the wait list for a seat. The people that have already received an email have 10 days from the day that they have received it to accept or decline their seat. When they decline it, then they remove someone off of the wait list. They said there are a lot of people on the wait list and will not tell us where we are on the list. Does anyone know how many people actually ended up interviewing? There were a couple that did not show up to my Friday morning interview.

1FBC6B5B-CB85-40EE-9FD2-716FAD3621E8.jpeg

• Like 2