VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

I did get a thank you email. And I thought the upper classmen told us that at this point, they only look at our interview. They said our application got us to the interview, but the interview is the final piece to get us accepted. Anyone else remember? @AnSkY212586 I thought that’s what Tiphany said. It’s Alicia! Regardless, we are back in the waiting game. Hoping the best for all of us!

Edited by amakkaoui

10 hours ago, amakkaoui said:

I did get a thank you email. And I thought the upper classmen told us that at this point, they only look at our interview. They said our application got us to the interview, but the interview is the final piece to get us accepted. Anyone else remember? @AnSkY212586 I thought that’s what Tiphany said. It’s Alicia! Regardless, we are back in the waiting game. Hoping the best for all of us!

It was a great interview. Hat's off to the students for coming and making us feel comfortable and the staff for making a very efficient and engaging process.

I understand that they look at the interview but I thought they mentioned it was points process? As in they've given us points in terms of our application and then they give us points from the interview and the total amount of points equate to who will be offered a seat? I thought this was the process but I could be wrong and if someone can clarify (not that it would matter lol) that'd be cool

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pafuture1234 said:

It was a great interview. Hat's off to the students for coming and making us feel comfortable and the staff for making a very efficient and engaging process.

I understand that they look at the interview but I thought they mentioned it was points process? As in they've given us points in terms of our application and then they give us points from the interview and the total amount of points equate to who will be offered a seat? I thought this was the process but I could be wrong and if someone can clarify (not that it would matter lol) that'd be cool

@pafuture1234 you are correct.  Candidacy is point based, thus seats are offered based on totality.  Dr. Dempsey stated there is a great focus on: academics, clinical experience, and finally how well they were able to know you as a person in the interview.  (Yes, I am the nerd that took notes as she spoke!)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, amakkaoui said:

I was curious about that too. If it's truly points based then the people who were offered first wave interviews will automatically be more favored, right? I was a third wave interview but maybe I'm reading too deep into it. 😄

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
4 hours ago, BeAPA716 said:

I was curious about that too. If it's truly points based then the people who were offered first wave interviews will automatically be more favored, right? I was a third wave interview but maybe I'm reading too deep into it. 😄

We're all reading too deep, because we are nervous and waiting.  Though being a third wave invite might mean your app scored lower, we'd probably be surprised how many first wave invites didn't interview well.  Your scores combined could definitely surpass the others.

Anyone who does not get a seat from this interview, though, consider this: you have a huge leg up knowing what to expect on interview day next year.  Do you know how many of us are reapplicants?  I know students that applied three times and students who interviewed twice.

Reapplying shows determination and adds points to your application.  Improving your app right away also helps.  It may take until September to speak to someone about your application, but you can improve your prereq GPA and last forty/qualifying GPA immediately.

This was my experience.  I was extremely disappointed last June when I did not even get an interview, but within a week I was back to the books and getting more As to knock off some old grades included in that last forty GPA.  I improved my prereq and qualifying in seven months and put together my app in February.

Failures are rewarding if you keep your mind open to the opportunities they create.

Edited by SecondCareerPrePA

3 minutes ago, SecondCareerPrePA said:

We're all reading too deep, because we are nervous and waiting.  Though being a third wave invite might mean your app scored lower, we'd probably be surprised how many first wave invites didn't interview well.  Your scores combined could definitely surpass the others.

Anyone who does not get a seat from this interview, though, consider this: you have a huge leg up knowing what to expect on interview day next year.  Do you know how many of us are reapplicants?  I know students that applied three times and students who interviewed twice.

Reapplying shows determination and adds points to your application.  Improving your app right away also helps.  It may take until September to speak to someone about your application, but you can improve your prereq GPA and last forty/qualifying GPA immediately.

This was my experience.  I was extremely disappointed last June when I did not even get an interview, but within a week I was back to the books and getting more As to knock off some old grades included in that last forty GPA.  I improved my prereq and qualifying in seven months and put together my app in February.

Failures are rewarding if you keep your mind open to the opportunities they create.

Very well said!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FuturePA2022 said:

Yes, good luck to everyone! We've all worked so hard.

I went to bed super early hoping to sleep through the night but, nope. #teamnosleep

One good thing is that EVMS offers more than 80 seats so there's a higher chance for all of us 🙂 Today is going to be a rough day, ugh! LOL.

All the best to all of us! It’s out of our hands! Got to trust the process and believe! Get some sleep! 🙏🏾

• Like 3

My stomach is just one big knot today! Hopefully we all hear some good news later. Try to keep busy until then and keep a positive mindset. We’ve all worked so hard and should be proud regardless, what a process it’s been! Talking to all of you has certainly helped with my nerves so thank you all for that😀

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JanJan33 said:

Good morning everyone,

I wonder at what time they’ll start releasing the emails?!? We’ve been anxiously waiting for this day and now it’s here. 👀

HOW EXCITING 😆

Good luck to everyone! 

Didn’t they say two weeks? Why is everyone getting excited about today?

4 minutes ago, GngrRoot said:

Only saving grace for me is that I'm working clinically today. It's at least a distraction! But every time my watch buzzes, my stomach drops. Come onnnnn 🤯

I’m working today too. To say my focus is a little off would be an understatement but at least it keeps my mind off of things for a little bit! I think my patients can tell I’m nervous lol.

• Like 3