VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

I just registered for the CASPer test. I will take it in November. Anyone else taking the test in November? I have completed half of my CASPA app. Just need to finish my last prereq - Org Chem - which will be complete early December. I'm also working on my personal statement and my resume to submit to those writing LORs for me. What did you guys give your LOR writers?? Getting super excited! It's really beginning to feel real!!

I took the CASPer test over the summer, and it wasn’t bad at all, but I did find it helpful to do the test run with practice questions to get a feel for the pace and format of the test. And for my LORs I gave them my resume and any recent achievements if they asked for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, futurePAeryka said:

I took the CASPer test over the summer, and it wasn’t bad at all, but I did find it helpful to do the test run with practice questions to get a feel for the pace and format of the test. And for my LORs I gave them my resume and any recent achievements if they asked for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry...can someone update me what a CASPer test is?

On 12/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, chenpl said:

I'm sorry...can someone update me what a CASPer test is?

Answer: It's a situational/behavioral test that attempts to assess how individuals handle situations and moral dilemmas.

Real Answer: It's a test marketed to institutions that claims to reap better candidates but ultimately is just a money grab for the company who produced the test.

• Upvote 2

CASPER scheduled for tomorrow @ 2000

5 LOR submitted

Waiting on three transcripts from the Fall semester

Coming in with 3.867 in last 40 (replacement as UG GPA is 2.xx), Prereq GPA of 3.85, and 30k of HCE as a paramedic

Hoping for an interview

Good luck everyone!

Edited by medic1210
Typo
  • Like 1

Wowzers!! I just submitted my CASPA app and supplemental to EVMS. What a long road it has been! 

I took the CASPer last night and it wasn't bad at all. I'm thankful I don't regret any of my answers this morning! haha

Per CASPA GPA calculations:

Undergrad 3.58

Replacement (Last 40) 3.85

Pre-req 3.96

My hours ended up being:

PCE 18k

HCE 15,850

Volunteer 186 hours

Shadowing 4 hours

Wish you all the best of luck! Hopefully we will all hear in June that we are being offered the opportunity to interview in July. 

Edited by thegrayprepa
changed to match EVMS grades
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, medic1210 said:

@ thegrayprepa

I didn't think CASPER was terrible but as an overly analytical thinker it made things interesting. Though I liked most of my answers and don't think there will be any red flags, so that is good.

We have a long way to go till June. What are you doing to occupy yourself?

Yikes, hoping I didn't raise any red flags. I honestly felt pretty unprepared for a few of the questions and felt like I sounded like an idiot once the 5 mins was up for a few of them. Might be overthinking it. 

@medic1210 I think the time constraints made it difficult to overthink which is probably part of the goal. Funny side note...told my 8 yr old to remain in her room for hour test as it was being proctored on webcam. That didn't happen! I'm sure proctor got kick out of Chloe and her dog shoulder to shoulder with me as I'm taking my test!! She was only there short while thankfully but hey that's my real life! 🤣🤣

My plan is to pay off debt and travel! Haha seem a little conflicting, don’t they?

How about yourself? 

@thegrayprepa

I will be focusing on renovating our home. We have done so much in the past year while completing my forty credits. My wife is finishing up her MSN and looking at a position as an ICU educator. If she gets it, and I gain acceptance to EVMS, she will be staying behind in Pittsburgh. Not ideal but it's only two years and will be beneficial in the end.

Otherwise, maybe a vacation or two will be in the works. Need something to keep my mind occupied.