VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

@patobe82 

Same here!

During the interview, I went to the bathroom to give myself a pep talk in front of the mirror.  “Eye of the Tiger, Baby”! Lol

So, I put my best foot forward, and I’m hoping my best was good enough. I am just happy 😃 we survived the interview process. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, patobe82 said:

Now I’m going over all my questions in my head and I’m like I could have answered that better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here too! Do you think they factor in both application and interview scores for invites? --or just interview scores? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JanJan33 said:

@FuturePA2022,

Are you saying both because you are familiar with their interview process, or you assuming it’s both? I would think it’s both, too, but I thought they’re only looking at our interview score considering we all proved ourselves on paper.

Either way, Friday could not get here any sooner. 🤞🏼😳

That is the impression I got too... but would also feel more confident if my application was factored in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JanJan33 said:

@FuturePA2022,

Are you saying both because you are familiar with their interview process, or you assuming it’s both? I would think it’s both, too, but I thought they’re only looking at our interview score considering we all proved ourselves on paper.

Either way, Friday could not get here any sooner. 🤞🏼😳

Hi @JanJan33 ,

I am familiar with their interview process through speaking to previous and current students. We get a score from our application (GPA, community service, PCE/HCE, CASPER exam, etc. ) and a score from the interview. They add those two scores up and rank them. Those with the highest scores receive admission offers.

If anyone finds any error in that, please let me know but, that is what I have been told.

Yes, two more days! We're almost there!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FuturePA2022 said:

Hi @JanJan33 ,

I am familiar with their interview process through speaking to previous and current students. We get a score from our application (GPA, community service, PCE/HCE, CASPER exam, etc. ) and a score from the interview. They add those two scores up and rank them. Those with the highest scores receive admission offers.

If anyone finds any error in that, please let me know but, that is what I have been told.

Yes, two more days! We're almost there!

Thank you for letting us know! I feel much better 😃 fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

Regardless of the outcome, I had a great experience!  I'm glad that the application and interview scores are both factored because my group interview wasn't my best performance.  This forum has been a valid resource in preparation for the application and interview process. Best of luck everyone!

• Like 3

Hey everyone! Hopefully the stress of the interviews has worn off at this point, and the stress of waiting to hear back is in full effect!😝 To the folks saying they can’t wait until Friday, do we know for sure that we’ll start hearing then or is it just an inference? I know Dr. D mentioned that it could take 2-3 weeks. Let me know, and hang in there everyone! Home stretch!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FuturePA2022 said:

Based on past years, candidates start hearing back a week from when interviews start— so this Friday.

Last year, the  first round of interviews were Friday 7/13 and offers starting going out Friday 7/20. It was similar if not the same the prior year. 

I can confirm this.  Last year I interviewed the 1st day (Friday the 13th) and received my acceptance email Friday the 20th at 10:17am PST while I was shadowing in surgery.  Don’t freak out until Friday because it def won’t come before then.  Good luck everyone!  Can’t wait to add 80 more of you to our crazy family!

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Mattmcg88 said:

Hey everyone! Hopefully the stress of the interviews has worn off at this point, and the stress of waiting to hear back is in full effect!😝 To the folks saying they can’t wait until Friday, do we know for sure that we’ll start hearing then or is it just an inference? I know Dr. D mentioned that it could take 2-3 weeks. Let me know, and hang in there everyone! Home stretch!

When i interviewed on Saturday, the current students mentioned that they heard the following week, their year. During the end of the interview the admissions director said 2-3 wks.  Then the email we got thanking us for coming to the interview said 2 weeks. 

So I'd say odds are pretty good that on Friday before end of day some people will get acceptances and the 2 wk mention in the email will apply for waitlist and rejections being within that time frame.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 2018 cycle applicant said:

When i interviewed on Saturday, the current students mentioned that they heard the following week, their year. During the end of the interview the admissions director said 2-3 wks.  Then the email we got thanking us for coming to the interview said 2 weeks. 

So I'd say odds are pretty good that on Friday before end of day some people will get acceptances and the 2 wk mention in the email will apply for waitlist and rejections being within that time frame.

I didn’t receive a thank you for coming to the interview email