Oklahoma City University 2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2018 at 4:04 PM, Kelcey13 said:

I have also not received a rejection email or interview email. I will post on here when I do.I know last year they sent invites out on 3 different days, so I'm hoping that's the case this year as well.

Do you know when they stopped sending? Have you heard anything? 

12 hours ago, JMstudent said:

for those of you who did not receive interviews would you mind sharing your stats?

From 120 science credit hours, my overall science GPA is 3.10, overall non-science 3.36 (this account for my master in health service administration). 

Over 700 hours of healthcare experience hours (medical interpreter)

40 hours of PA shadowing

Verbal GRE 156 Quant GRE 145, analytical writing 4.5

Hey guys! Does anyone else who has received an interview happen to know the interview style OCU uses? Just want to know how to best prepare and whether it is individual/traditional, group, MMI, etc. I can't seem to find any information on this based on the emails sent or their website. Thanks in advance! ?

4 hours ago, acartin said:

Hey guys! Does anyone else who has received an interview happen to know the interview style OCU uses? Just want to know how to best prepare and whether it is individual/traditional, group, MMI, etc. I can't seem to find any information on this based on the emails sent or their website. Thanks in advance! ?

I would also love to have some insight into this...

On 9/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, acartin said:

It’s an individual interview (you plus three or so interviewers) according to previous students. 

On 9/8/2018 at 8:37 AM, acartin said:

Same here! I meant to inquire when I first got the invite, but it slipped my mind. Receiving only a two week notice to come out and interview was a bit rough, especially for us out-of-state folk. I sent an email out Sunday, but have yet to receive a reply. I fly out from Phoenix tomorrow morning and am considering trying to call beforehand to get some more info on this.

Best of luck to you and everyone else!

I spoke with the admissions director this morning and he confirmed the format of the interview. There will first be a writing portion, and your responses will be provided to the panel prior to your sit down with them. Then, you meet with the panel individually for 45 minutes to an hour. Best of luck to you all!

On 8/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, sondrra said:

for those that have been scheduled an interview --  do you guys know the details about how the day will look? campus tour, meet the faculty, meet the students, interview duration, etc. Let me know!

I got interviewed by a PA from the community and a faculty member at the same time. They kind of just bounced questions off each other and were very thorough- lasted 45min to 1hr. I would say it was a very relaxed interview, they just really want to know what makes you, you. So nothing to worry about, or be stressed about. They also said faculty meets on Monday to make decisions, so we will be hearing by Oct for sure!

1 minute ago, lola1 said:

I got interviewed by a PA from the community and a faculty member at the same time. They kind of just bounced questions off each other and were very thorough- lasted 45min to 1hr. I would say it was a very relaxed interview, they just really want to know what makes you, you. So nothing to worry about, or be stressed about. They also said faculty meets on Monday to make decisions, so we will be hearing by Oct for sure!

Thank you! That was really helpful. Hope yours went awesome!

2 hours ago, DreThePA said:

So, is anybody else still anxiously awaiting their decision?! I know they met yesterday, but I still haven’t seen anybody post about their acceptance email nor have I received one. 

I made sure to ask several different people at my interview. They all indicated that this Friday would likely be the earliest day for any kind of notification. 

Archived