Lukeh205

South university Richmond - 2018-2019

I interviewed on 7/13 and was wait-listed. Does anyone know how many people they wait-list? Seems like a lot. 

I was accepted from the 7/13 interview! I felt like my one-on-ones went very well, but I definitely misspelled a word in my writing sample.

Edited by Hannthor1216

Does anyone want to get lunch after the interview tomorrow to commiserate or celebrate how the interview went? There is an Irish pub down the street or a burger place.

Hey everyone,

I was invited to interview on 8/3! For those that have already interviewed, how many were there interviewing on the same day as you? Should I expect a large number of potential candidates to be there on the same day, or was is more of a smaller group?

Lauren

4 hours ago, Laurenmarie89 said:

Hey everyone,

I was invited to interview on 8/3! For those that have already interviewed, how many were there interviewing on the same day as you? Should I expect a large number of potential candidates to be there on the same day, or was is more of a smaller group?

Lauren

I interviewed on 7/13 and there were about 25 candidates. They split us up into five groups of five and we cycled through the different interview processes. Good Luck!!!!

7 minutes ago, awestcott said:

I was just accepted today from the 7/20 interview group! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear 

Accepted as well, super stoked and blessed!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 9:55 PM, jinglebells0518 said:

Does anyone happen to know the didactic year academic schedule (when breaks are, etc) for the class starting in January 2019? I was asked to be a bridesmaid at a wedding but it's on a Friday and I'm 4 hours from home so I'm trying to figure out so I can give her an answer!

Your orientation will probably be on January 18th and classes would start January 22nd (after the holiday). This is how they organized it last year, so I'm assuming it would be similar. Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, gld27 said:

Your orientation will probably be on January 18th and classes would start January 22nd (after the holiday). This is how they organized it last year, so I'm assuming it would be similar. Hope this helps.

They actually said at the interview that orientation would be the 10th and classes would start the 14th. Aside from that, I have no idea when breaks are. They were on break when I interviewed the 25th of June, so that may be the case for the same week off next year. 

Has anyone used castlebranch from previous years or other reasons for their background check? If so, did you find it worth it to purchase the $12 badge that has the results of the test that can supposedly be used in the future to prove you had a background check? 

Its a good idea but I feel like most professional settings will want a very current background check and that by the time I'm applying for jobs and such it will be outdated. But also it's only $12.

Thanks!

I had my interview this past Friday and absolutely fell in love with the program! I hoping I’ll get that acceptance email this upcoming week!

Edited by Laurenmarie89
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bubbles said:

I also interviewed on 8/3 and the wait is killing me ? And I know they make decisions quickly! 

I have a heart attack each time my phone buzzes with an email. 

46 minutes ago, Jayerza32 said:

Good luck to you guys! That email they sent regarding the survey made my heart stop this morning! 

Same!! ? Good luck to you, too!! Hopefully we hear back in the next few days!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Same!! ? Good luck to you, too!! Hopefully we hear back in the next few days!

Looking at other posts, we should hear tomorrow if the trend continues! Was this anyone else's first interview ever? I've been applying over the course of 4 years and this was the first interview I had ever received! Pretty happy overall! And being from California, it was awesome to travel to another state and be a part of that!

Edited by Jayerza32

7 hours ago, Jayerza32 said:

Looking at other posts, we should hear tomorrow if the trend continues! Was this anyone else's first interview ever? I've been applying over the course of 4 years and this was the first interview I had ever received! Pretty happy overall! And being from California, it was awesome to travel to another state and be a part of that!

It was my first interview, but also my first application cycle. Really hoping we find out soon! I don’t know how much longer I can handle not knowing!

Just now, Laurenmarie89 said:

Waitlisted as well 

I like our odds! We did not receive a "no," it's a new program, and other interviews will happen! best of luck to you and the pursuit of your calling. 

2 minutes ago, Laurenmarie89 said:

Waitlisted as well 

it seems a ton of people have been waitlisted. What do you all think are the odds of actually getting a seat? Also is there anyway to know the rank or how do they choose who gets the next seat?

1 hour ago, danichat03 said:

it seems a ton of people have been waitlisted. What do you all think are the odds of actually getting a seat? Also is there anyway to know the rank or how do they choose who gets the next seat?

I bet we will see a ranking system after all interviews have concluded. Considering this is a new program, a lot of people may drop when offered positions elsewhere, if that does occur. Lot of variables here but it's important to remember that if you are waitlisted, you do fit the program, and you are still considered competitive.