South university Richmond - 2018-2019

19 minutes ago, gld27 said:

Your orientation will probably be on January 18th and classes would start January 22nd (after the holiday). This is how they organized it last year, so I'm assuming it would be similar. Hope this helps.

They actually said at the interview that orientation would be the 10th and classes would start the 14th. Aside from that, I have no idea when breaks are. They were on break when I interviewed the 25th of June, so that may be the case for the same week off next year. 

8 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Same!! ? Good luck to you, too!! Hopefully we hear back in the next few days!

Looking at other posts, we should hear tomorrow if the trend continues! Was this anyone else's first interview ever? I've been applying over the course of 4 years and this was the first interview I had ever received! Pretty happy overall! And being from California, it was awesome to travel to another state and be a part of that!

Edited by Jayerza32

7 hours ago, Jayerza32 said:

Looking at other posts, we should hear tomorrow if the trend continues! Was this anyone else's first interview ever? I've been applying over the course of 4 years and this was the first interview I had ever received! Pretty happy overall! And being from California, it was awesome to travel to another state and be a part of that!

It was my first interview, but also my first application cycle. Really hoping we find out soon! I don’t know how much longer I can handle not knowing!

1 hour ago, danichat03 said:

it seems a ton of people have been waitlisted. What do you all think are the odds of actually getting a seat? Also is there anyway to know the rank or how do they choose who gets the next seat?

I bet we will see a ranking system after all interviews have concluded. Considering this is a new program, a lot of people may drop when offered positions elsewhere, if that does occur. Lot of variables here but it's important to remember that if you are waitlisted, you do fit the program, and you are still considered competitive. 

4 minutes ago, PAafc said:

Just checked in to Aloft Hotel, is anyone here and want to walk around the campus and maybe grab something to eat?

4 minutes ago, PAafc said:

Just checked in to Aloft Hotel, is anyone here and want to walk around the campus and maybe grab something to eat?

i’m about a mile down the road and down for a bite 

On 8/7/2018 at 3:49 PM, jinglebells0518 said:

Hey guys! At our interview we were told that most of the week you will be required to wear business clothes or scrubs. I would like to start shopping since seasonal sales are starting. Does anyone know if they are picky about pants vs skirts vs dresses for girls business wear? I know most office jobs can wear anything but I also know since we are in school and might be working with varying medical equipment they might want our legs covered. Any current students on here that could answer this?

I think pants are always a safe bet, especially since we may be working with biohazardous material at times.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, tkizzle said:

Has anyone that has been accepted gotten more information about the facebook group they mentioned at the interviews? I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

I have not heard anything regarding the FB group, but I do believe Ms. Mallory is out this week.