South university Richmond - 2018-2019

I would say not to worry. It lasts for 5 years from the first cohort so by the Time you would graduate they would still be provisional, the following year after that is when they would get evaluated again and either get continued or probation or lose it, in which case you would already have your license and it wouldn’t affect you at all. The only thing I can think of is if future employers see that you graduated from a program that lost accreditation. I personally don’t think it’s that big of a deal tho. If you look at the programs curriculum it is very intense compared to other schools didactic year, almost twice as many credits as some other schools. It seems as if ARC-PA has been upping the standards for programs and maybe this is the reason for the intense didactic year? I don’t think they will have a problem getting accreditation continued but that’s just my 2 cents

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I just got my first ever PA school interview invite for June 25 with this program!! I cannot wait!

That being said, I've been driving myself crazy looking up what all I should be prepared for during this interview. I was reading the forum from last year and saw that they do a 1-on-1 interview, a group interview with 5 students and 2 faculty members, and an essay. However, from the website it seems this year they do a 1-on-1 and possibly a behavioral interview but I haven't seen anything about a group interview or essay.

I'd love to hear more about how your day went after you finish and good luck to everyone that interviews tomorrow! you will all do great!

On 6/15/2018 at 12:53 AM, jinglebells0518 said:

Hey everyone,

I just got my first ever PA school interview invite for June 25 with this program!! I cannot wait!

That being said, I've been driving myself crazy looking up what all I should be prepared for during this interview. I was reading the forum from last year and saw that they do a 1-on-1 interview, a group interview with 5 students and 2 faculty members, and an essay. However, from the website it seems this year they do a 1-on-1 and possibly a behavioral interview but I haven't seen anything about a group interview or essay.

I'd love to hear more about how your day went after you finish and good luck to everyone that interviews tomorrow! you will all do great!

I just interviewed on the 15th. It’s really nothing to stress about. I was a little worried about the group interview but it was really simple they ask the students two questions and just go down the line. They asked how we prepare for big tests and what we do to relieve stress, nothing complicated just be honest about it. As far as the behavioral interview, it is during the 1:1 where these questions are asked. You will have two separate 15 min 1:1 interviews with diff fac members. They asked me a few things about my application and then some behavioral type questions and if you google them you can find a whole list of some type of questions you could be asked. The essay isn’t really an essay, it’s more of a response to an ethical problem to see what you would do in that situation. Overall it was a nice day and went really fast, everyone was super nice and inviting. Biggest advice would be to be yourself and be “likeable” other than that just know how you will answer the behavioral questions and you will do fine. Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, jinglebells0518 said:

I have a couple more questions for people that attended interviews recently. I'm just going crazy thinking up every possible question and scenario imaginable. I have not doubt I have answers to the questions but I have a difficult time recalling specific situations on the spot when they ask "describe a time when..." questions.

Did anyone ask for a minute to think about and formulate their answers? Are the behavioral questions more personal about a certain scenario in your life or were they more about ethical questions like "how would you handle this medical situation..."

Also what was parking like on campus? I'm driving up from NC the night before and I'm hoping I will have time to scope out the campus the day of but just in case I don't get to make it over there, will I need cash for meters or is parking free/easily accessible? Is it hard to find the building we need to be in?

There’s plenty of parking. I parked right behind the building in a lot but there is also a free parking garage right there as well. The questions were asking about a specific scenario that happened in your life, you should not have to think for a minute to come up with something, sometimes it’s not always easy because every has different experiences but you only have 15 min in the interview and you want to make the most of it. You don’t want to waste precious time thinking about an answer plus it just makes you look unprepared. To give you an idea, I was asked “ tell me about a time when you missed a deadline and how you handled it” 

it caught me off guard because I never miss deadlines lol. They also will want to know what you learned from that situation.  

The best way to prepare for these questions is to google a list of all the possible behavioral type questions and go through them one by one and try to think of a specific scenario in your life where they apply. The last thing you want is to be caught off guard and have to struggle to think of something. But I will tell you that every question they asked me was on the list of like the top 20 behavioral questions that I googled. 

Good Luck

10 hours ago, macvaug said:

Hi! I was wondering what everyone's stats were who were invited for an interview. Thanks!

My stats were:

cGPA: 3.5

sGPA: 3.28

GRE verbal: 157

GRE math: 163

GRE essays: 4.5

about 1700 patient care hours as a CNA on a critical care unit in the hospital

And then I had various other things I was involved in such as research, volunteer at food bank and animal shelters, school organizations, etc

Edited by jinglebells0518