Jump to content
CASPAthefriendlyghost

Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

Oh, sorry I misread. I have been confusing those two programs in my mind all year lol. 

Same! At least now they updated their websites and things are more clear... but when I was applying it was still a mess - unless you from phili you wouldn't know what is the difference and etc

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, futurewhitecoat said:

Also received an interview invite on 8/10 to CC campus and chose 10/2. I look forward to meeting some of you and good luck to all!

When did you apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an invitation for an interview at Jeff Center City and couldn't be more excited!!!

 

Does anyone know if Jefferson East Falls program's deposit is still $2000 as it was in the past?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jadePA2 said:

Just received an invitation for an interview at Jeff Center City and couldn't be more excited!!!

 

Does anyone know if Jefferson East Falls program's deposit is still $2000 as it was in the past?

Congrats on your invite :D, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit you CASPA and supplemental app? Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

Hey, I'd love some insight on the interview day! I have an interview on NJ campus on Thursday!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

Did they say how many students they are taking this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pk325 said:

Hey, I'd love some insight on the interview day! I have an interview on NJ campus on Thursday!

Hi Pk, 

The day is set up very well... they did a great job moving us from interviews, to a campus tour, to Q&A.  I'd say the interview itself was 30 minutes, where we met with a staff member and a current student.  The questions themselves were very comprehensive, but nothing that you need to really prepare for and rehearse.  It's more about getting to know who you are and why you want to be a PA and what you'd be like in PA school and afterwards.  I felt like I was listened to and am excited about the results!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Did they say how many students they are taking this year?

This is something that I wasn't really clear on, but I know that they take people from their undergraduate program that matriculate in.  Maybe someone else can best answer that question.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

Hi Pk, 

The day is set up very well... they did a great job moving us from interviews, to a campus tour, to Q&A.  I'd say the interview itself was 30 minutes, where we met with a staff member and a current student.  The questions themselves were very comprehensive, but nothing that you need to really prepare for and rehearse.  It's more about getting to know who you are and why you want to be a PA and what you'd be like in PA school and afterwards.  I felt like I was listened to and am excited about the results!!

Thanks! Glad you had a good time! Hope you get in!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys . Applied a week ago, got my verification email today (8/14) ? . Fingers X for interview invitation soon ??????

Good luck ? to all of you !

do all of you have bio2 already compleated ?  This is the only one prerequisite I have in progress and will be compleating in fall semester . 

Do they alow  one outstanding prerequisite? 

Edited by YGrabo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ckprepa
3 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

Will my mother will be allowed to join me after the interview for the campus tour??/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

Yes please , tell us what questions did they ask ? how long was your interview? How better to prepare? Thank you for any heads up ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, ckprepa said:

Will my mother will be allowed to join me after the interview for the campus tour??/

It's not organized where everyone is interviewing first and then touring.  So I don't think you'd be able to properly coordinate that.  But I'm sure you could show her around afterwards 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

It was so great meeting everyone at the Jefferson East Falls interview!  Happy to talk to anyone about the interview process who is interested.  Best of luck to everyone, since we will find out soon.  

I'd love to hear your experience! I've only had two interviews and they were entirely different. 

One was a more conventional-style interview. They asked your standard PA questions. The other was super casual and we basically had conversations to get to know each other.

Please do share!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoltman said:

I'd love to hear your experience! I've only had two interviews and they were entirely different. 

One was a more conventional-style interview. They asked your standard PA questions. The other was super casual and we basically had conversations to get to know each other.

Please do share!

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing the actual content of the interview, in regard to the actual questions that were asked.  I will say that they had a certain formula and they would switch back and forth from one person to the other asking me questions.  And I would say that more than half of the questions were typical "PA school" questions.  I think it's more important to prepare for yourself your own convictions of why you want to be a PA and why you'd make a great PA student.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing the actual content of the interview, in regard to the actual questions that were asked.  I will say that they had a certain formula and they would switch back and forth from one person to the other asking me questions.  And I would say that more than half of the questions were typical "PA school" questions.  I think it's more important to prepare for yourself your own convictions of why you want to be a PA and why you'd make a great PA student.

Thank you ! Great suggestions! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jkweezerfanjk said:

I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing the actual content of the interview, in regard to the actual questions that were asked.  I will say that they had a certain formula and they would switch back and forth from one person to the other asking me questions.  And I would say that more than half of the questions were typical "PA school" questions.  I think it's more important to prepare for yourself your own convictions of why you want to be a PA and why you'd make a great PA student.

Perfect! Just looking more for your experience. Of course I wouldn't want any inside information that would advantage me and give me a better position for an interview. That sounds awful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So-- After going on several interviews, I feel like it would be very valuable if we had a philly pre-PA meet up, where we could discuss strategies, what we have thought of the cycle so far, and any tips to help each other.  I say this because when we meet in the interview environment we are confined to the nervousness of the day and also the perception of the staff members.  Maybe we can even talk current and past PA students to join us.  

So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in helping me organize this.  A tentative date for it would be September 6th, 7th or 8th.  Please message if you're interested in helping.  Thank you.  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed at the NJ campus yesterday and it was one of the most laid back interview styles I have seen thus far. I THINK I did great, but guess you never know until you hear back. Brooke (the coordinator) said it could be as early as next week that we find out our admission status! Fingers crossed! Waiting, in my opinion, is the hardest part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More