Jump to content
CASPAthefriendlyghost

Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, jennieh said:

Just received an email for interview NJ, but likely will decline as I got accepted somewhere else.

When did you apply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, CASPAthefriendlyghost said:

What day did they invite you to interview?

 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:08 AM, Sxg8484 said:

When did you apply?

I applied around mid July and the interview is on 1/29 according to the email they sent me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else heard anything from the school? I submitted my application late October and I have not received any emails from them. Are all spots filled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, katspa said:

Anyone else heard anything from the school? I submitted my application late October and I have not received any emails from them. Are all spots filled?

I don’t know if all the spots have been filled yet or not but I think interviews are almost over for all 3 campuses. There might be a few more interview sessions scheduled but I’m guessing most, if not all, all the invites have already been offered. However, I really don’t know for sure so I would definitely email them requesting a update on your status(they are very nice and diligently respond to emails). 

Stay hopeful and optimistic but if you don’t end up getting in this cycle I strongly recommend you apply earlier in the cycle this year (April-August is preferable depending on the school’s deadline), October is oftly late to apply to programs that utilize rolling admissions. 

Good luck! EMAIL THE SCHOOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an interview tomorrow at the NJ campus. Did anyone get an email back after confirming their interview?

Also, can someone tell me what kind of interview to expect (individual, group, etc)? I will be interviewing at the East Falls campus due to space constraint, but the interview is actually for the NJ campus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sims94 said:

I have an interview tomorrow at the NJ campus. Did anyone get an email back after confirming their interview?

Also, can someone tell me what kind of interview to expect (individual, group, etc)? I will be interviewing at the East Falls campus due to space constraint, but the interview is actually for the NJ campus. 

Super laid back. I interviewed at both the center city campus(my first interview) and East Falls (I will be attending East Falls). Both interviews involved a presentation about the program, campus tour and a brief writing portion. The East Falls topic was about what factors are important to you when choosing a PA program, I barely even considered this to be a essay assignment(I literally wrote 3 bullet points).

The center city interview session consisted of a single one-on-one 30 min interview w/a faculty member (content was pretty typical). However, those who interviewed on other dates had two individual interviews w/2 faculty members (several interviewers were unavailable at mine). The East Falls interview was w/a faculty member and a current student, the content was typical interview questions but also involved some medical scenario based questions.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by EmiCami
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EmiCami said:

Super laid back. I interviewed at both the center city campus(my first interview) and East Falls (I will be attending East Falls). Both interviews involved a presentation about the program, campus tour and a brief writing portion. The East Falls topic was about what factors are important to you when choosing a PA program, I barely even considered this to be a essay assignment(I literally wrote 3 bullet points).

The center city interview session consisted of a single one-on-one 30 min interview w/a faculty member (content was pretty typical). However, those who interviewed on other dates had two individual interviews w/2 faculty members (several interviewers were unavailable at mine). The East Falls interview was w/a faculty member and a current student, the content was typical interview questions but also involved some medical scenario based questions.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Do you mean ethical questions when you say medical scenario questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sims94 said:

Do you mean ethical questions when you say medical scenario questions?

Yea. Very basic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else waitlisted at Center City received a letter that says you are in the “top tier” of waitlisted applicants and that there is a very good chance you’ll be pulled off the waitlist? 

Unsure what to make of this and how many students this was sent to. I already put a deposit down at another program I really like but still strongly considering Jeff and that letter made me more confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amt5672 said:

Has anyone else waitlisted at Center City received a letter that says you are in the “top tier” of waitlisted applicants and that there is a very good chance you’ll be pulled off the waitlist? 

Unsure what to make of this and how many students this was sent to. I already put a deposit down at another program I really like but still strongly considering Jeff and that letter made me more confused. 

I received that letter too. I also put a deposit down elsewhere, but Jefferson was a top choice for me from the beginning. I wonder how many other waitlisted candidates got the same letter. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, amt5672 said:

Has anyone else waitlisted at Center City received a letter that says you are in the “top tier” of waitlisted applicants and that there is a very good chance you’ll be pulled off the waitlist? 

Unsure what to make of this and how many students this was sent to. I already put a deposit down at another program I really like but still strongly considering Jeff and that letter made me more confused. 

I also got that letter. The class is full now though and I don't see THAT many people deciding to go elsewhere this late so it seems unrealistic to me that more than a few people could get off or that 30% of the class will be from the wait list

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PA135 said:

I also got that letter. The class is full now though and I don't see THAT many people deciding to go elsewhere this late so it seems unrealistic to me that more than a few people could get off or that 30% of the class will be from the wait list

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got that letter and it says top tier. I also put down deposit for another school and I feel confused now as Jefferson is one of my top choices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave up my seat at East Falls since I've been accepted somewhere in my home state (California). I hope I made someone on the waitlist very happy! 🙂 Best of luck to everyone this fall! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More