Thomas Jefferson University: 2018-2019 Application cycle

3 hours ago, sims94 said:

I have an interview tomorrow at the NJ campus. Did anyone get an email back after confirming their interview?

Also, can someone tell me what kind of interview to expect (individual, group, etc)? I will be interviewing at the East Falls campus due to space constraint, but the interview is actually for the NJ campus. 

Super laid back. I interviewed at both the center city campus(my first interview) and East Falls (I will be attending East Falls). Both interviews involved a presentation about the program, campus tour and a brief writing portion. The East Falls topic was about what factors are important to you when choosing a PA program, I barely even considered this to be a essay assignment(I literally wrote 3 bullet points).

The center city interview session consisted of a single one-on-one 30 min interview w/a faculty member (content was pretty typical). However, those who interviewed on other dates had two individual interviews w/2 faculty members (several interviewers were unavailable at mine). The East Falls interview was w/a faculty member and a current student, the content was typical interview questions but also involved some medical scenario based questions.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by EmiCami
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EmiCami said:

Super laid back. I interviewed at both the center city campus(my first interview) and East Falls (I will be attending East Falls). Both interviews involved a presentation about the program, campus tour and a brief writing portion. The East Falls topic was about what factors are important to you when choosing a PA program, I barely even considered this to be a essay assignment(I literally wrote 3 bullet points).

The center city interview session consisted of a single one-on-one 30 min interview w/a faculty member (content was pretty typical). However, those who interviewed on other dates had two individual interviews w/2 faculty members (several interviewers were unavailable at mine). The East Falls interview was w/a faculty member and a current student, the content was typical interview questions but also involved some medical scenario based questions.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Do you mean ethical questions when you say medical scenario questions?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else waitlisted at Center City received a letter that says you are in the “top tier” of waitlisted applicants and that there is a very good chance you’ll be pulled off the waitlist? 

Unsure what to make of this and how many students this was sent to. I already put a deposit down at another program I really like but still strongly considering Jeff and that letter made me more confused. 

3 hours ago, amt5672 said:

Has anyone else waitlisted at Center City received a letter that says you are in the “top tier” of waitlisted applicants and that there is a very good chance you’ll be pulled off the waitlist? 

Unsure what to make of this and how many students this was sent to. I already put a deposit down at another program I really like but still strongly considering Jeff and that letter made me more confused. 

I received that letter too. I also put a deposit down elsewhere, but Jefferson was a top choice for me from the beginning. I wonder how many other waitlisted candidates got the same letter. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, amt5672 said:

I also got that letter. The class is full now though and I don't see THAT many people deciding to go elsewhere this late so it seems unrealistic to me that more than a few people could get off or that 30% of the class will be from the wait list

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...