Guest abush27
2 minutes ago, JessH said:

Congrats and good luck to all those who got interviews!!

Does anybody know if there will there be another round of interviews? I haven't got an invite, denial or waitlist response yet.

From reading prior applications cycles, it seems they may in fact invite more people down the line. I imagine this is tied to folks turning down interviews, cancelling, etc. I wonder if we get an email if we are wait listed or whatnot. I personally did not get an invite or any other form of communication from them. 

Hey everyone, 

Congrats on receiving an interview! 

My interview date is 10/29 and I'll be traveling from the East Bay area. I can't wait to me you all ?

Also, does anyone know their acceptance rate? 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 10:49 PM, Omoham said:

Hey guys big congrats to those that got interview invites ? mind sharing your stats please??

Good morning @Omoham

My stats are  not very impressive, i completed my prerequisites courses in two community college and at CSU Stanislaus. I worked as  a physical therapy technician for three years and recently completed an internship through Health Career Connection.

overall science GPA 3.24

Overall non-science GPA 3.43

If you have any other questions,  Let me know. Otherwise have a beautiful and healthy day:)

• Like 2

Hey guys big congrats to those that got interview invites ? mind sharing your stats please??

Also big congrats to everyone that got interviews!!  My stats are 3.75 GPA overall, bachelors degree in emergency management from Waldorf University.  Graduated Cumma Sum Laude, and I have been working in emergency response either as a firefighter, EMT or paramedic for 23 years.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is anyone else concerned about the cost of tuition for the program? It's $130,000 for a 2 year program! Also, have you all reviewed the PANCE pass rate of 90%? In 2016 the rate was 67%. Kind of shocking in comparison to more consistent high pass rates for other programs.

Hi guys! 

I’m new on the forum and can not be more enthusiastic for being invited to a interview on the 18th! In previous years there was a informal meet and greet but this year I don’t think there will be one. So I was thinking maybe we should set up a time to meet up for our dates! Like some of you I would love to meet up and get my pre jitters out before our interview day! I’m not sure how, but maybe we can just meet up around 7pm on the 17th close to campus at Starbucks or another coffee place! Let me know!

Thanks,

M

11 minutes ago, brittbarba said:

Is anyone else concerned about the cost of tuition for the program? It's $130,000 for a 2 year program! Also, have you all reviewed the PANCE pass rate of 90%? In 2016 the rate was 67%. Kind of shocking in comparison to more consistent high pass rates for other programs.

Reading from prior forums some people received scholarships! So I’m thinking that there are definitely financial options. 

• Like 1

I will also be interviewing 10/15!

My stats aren’t great, and this is my first year applying so I’m really shocked I was chosen for an interview! 

Gpa: 3.03

Scribe hours: 1,140

Shadowing hours: 50

volunteer hours (underserved community): 540

From reading the vision and mission statements, the school is big on diversity, which I think helped me out a lot! If you would like to know more go ahead and ask away. I can’t wait to meet some of you very soon!

Question: From reading past forums, I see that there were meet and greets the night prior to the visit day... will that still be happening this year?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mbueno95 said:

I will also be interviewing 10/15!

My stats aren’t great, and this is my first year applying so I’m really shocked I was chosen for an interview! 

Gpa: 3.03

Scribe hours: 1,140

Shadowing hours: 50

volunteer hours (underserved community): 540

From reading the vision and mission statements, the school is big on diversity, which I think helped me out a lot! If you would like to know more go ahead and ask away. I can’t wait to meet some of you very soon!

Question: From reading past forums, I see that there were meet and greets the night prior to the visit day... will that still be happening this year?

Congrats on the interview! When did you submit your application. And did the interview invite come today? My stats are similar to yours so I’m hoping I’ll hear back ?

Edited by CalBears
Autocorrect

47 minutes ago, CalBears said:

Congrats on the interview! When did you submit your application. And did the interview invite come today? My stats are similar to yours so I’m hoping I’ll hear back ?

Thank you! I submitted my application on May 14th but wasn’t verified until June 4th after my last evaluation was received. I received the invite Friday around 5pm but just looked at this forum this morning. I hope you hear back too! ??

I am a bit concerned at this point as I have heard nothing yet. 

GPA 3.65 sGPA 3.97

5000 HCE hours 2500 volunteer hours. 

I haven't heard anything from this past Friday ?

Congrats to all who got interviews! 

Edited by bcfa22
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bcfa22 said:

GPA 3.65 sGPA 3.97

Those stats are impressive so I wouldn’t worry! Mine are in between the “higher” and “lower” individuals and I have not heard anything either so you’re not alone ??‍♀️

Edited by NicoleJo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NicoleJo said:

Those stats are impressive so I wouldn’t worry! Mine are in between the high and low individuals that have posted and I have not heard anything either so you’re not alone ??‍♀️

I appreciate the encouragement. Hang in there! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bcfa22 said:

GPA 3.65 sGPA 3.97

When did you submit your apps? I submitted on 7/14 and still haven't heard back ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prepameg said:

When did you submit your apps? I submitted on 7/14 and still haven't heard back ?

I was submitted/verified sometime around June 20th.

• Like 1

GPA 3.65 sGPA 3.97
I haven't heard anything from this past Friday

What are your HCE in?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lyricalluna said:

What are your HCE in?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Direct patient care working as a tech for drug and alcohol rehabilitation/detox centers (giving/ordering/tracking medication, running groups, taking them to apps and meetings, among other things). 

Edited by bcfa22
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, bcfa22 said:

Direct patient care working as a tech for drug and alcohol rehabilitation/detox centers (giving/ordering/tracking medication, running groups, taking them to apps and meetings, among other things). 

You are amazing! Don’t let this bring you down, there’s still time! Is Davis your top choice? Is this your first year applying? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mbueno95 said:

You are amazing! Don’t let this bring you down, there’s still time! Is Davis your top choice? Is this your first year applying? 

Thank you for those kind words. Trying to maintain hope. I seemed to have applied a bit late. Davis is not my top choice, but I'd be grateful to get accepted anywhere I applied. This is in fact my first time applying. 

Best

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bcfa22 said:

Thank you for those kind words. Trying to maintain hope. I seemed to have applied a bit late. Davis is not my top choice, but I'd be grateful to get accepted anywhere I applied. This is in fact my first time applying. 

Best

I'm on the same boat same as well! First time applying and waiting to hear a response. Fingers crossed for all of us waiting for a response! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prepameg said:

We’re you verified by the 15th? If so when you applied doesn’t matter they don’t do rolling applications they review all at once from my understand I am also still hoping to hear something 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StephanieHampton said:

We’re you verified by the 15th? If so when you applied doesn’t matter they don’t do rolling applications they review all at once from my understand I am also still hoping to hear something 

I received a confirmation email on 7/19. My stats are very similar to Mbueno95 with 7000 PCE as Medical Assistant so I'm still hoping for an interview invite, gotten 4 rejections so far ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prepameg said:

I received a confirmation email on 7/19. My stats are very similar to Mbueno95 with 7000 PCE as Medical Assistant so I'm still hoping for an interview invite, gotten 4 rejections so far ?

I feel ya! My stats are also similar and I’ve been a medical assistant for 6 years. I haven’t received any interview yet either ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prepameg said:

@StephanieHampton and @prepameg don’t let it discourage you, I was denied to every other school I applied to! I honestly think my personal statement helped me out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello All, 

I would not give up hope.  Some of you were asking for stats so here are mine. Just so you know I am a 2nd year applicant and have worked in the health care field as a personal care attendant and Medical assistant for over a decade.

BCP GPA 3.7 and B.A. GPA 3.5  

I took the Organic Chemistry series and Physics 

Roughly 10,000 plus hours of combined PCE and HCE hours

Volunteering mostly within school districts and tutoring. 

• Like 1