1 hour ago, nakoa87 said:

hey guys! I'm a first year at UC Davis. If it helps anyone, I received an invitation to interview on 9/26/17. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info! Hope school is going well for you so far!  

• Like 1

I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview (or when you receive an interview) can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

On 9/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, prepa987 said:

Still nothing as well. I check my email multiple times an hour sometimes ?

LOL me too!! Reading last year's posts makes me so anxious hoping to hear from Davis especially since it seems like this time last year a lot of them started getting emails about interviews! ?

• Upvote 1

I got an email a while back that there will be an update on the status of the applications by the end of November, so I wouldn't stress too much about timing right now. Applying is a waiting game and patience is key ? Just have confidence in the process ❤️

I imagine we're all trying to read the tea leaves and refreshing our emails obsessively...  I just breezed through last years forum and it looked like this week last year there was a flurry of activity!  Lots of people got interview/candidate day dates and some were a week or two from the date they got the email.  

I know no news is good news but the waiting is tough!  Fingers crossed we get some information soon ? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hi everyone!! I’m a current first year at Davis! I didn’t get an invitation till beginning of October and the visit day was towards the end of the month! There is a lot of hope still so don’t stress! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got an email today thanking me for submitting my GRE scores and inviting me to apply to the school? It went to a different email than my CASPA email so I'm not sure what to think 

17 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

I got an email today thanking me for submitting my GRE scores and inviting me to apply to the school? It went to a different email than my CASPA email so I'm not sure what to think 

I received the same email. I'm pretty sure graduate admissions and program admissions are different entities, but maybe it means things are moving on their end. 

30 minutes ago, SW2PA said:

I’m confused, I thought GRE wasn’t required? Was there a separate application from caspa?

2 minutes ago, StephanieHampton said:

I’m confused, I thought GRE wasn’t required? Was there a separate application from caspa?

I was thinking the same thing. I had to double check on UC Davis's website which stated that it was indeed not required to submit the GRE

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StephanieHampton said:

You're correct, the GRE is not required. Some people sent it in anyways since you get three or four schools to send it to for free after you're done testing. If your scores are decent, and since we aren't sure whether or not the school would take the scores into consideration, it might not hurt to send them. 

• Like 1

Just now, corpsmanspear85 said:

Has anyone received a email, phone call, mailed letter, smoke signal, messenger pigeon , telegraph, or other form of communication from UC Davis about invites?

Nope. Getting so anxious! Check my email way too many times in 1 day ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, corpsmanspear85 said:

Has anyone received a email, phone call, mailed letter, smoke signal, messenger pigeon , telegraph, or other form of communication from UC Davis about invites?

Nope to all those communication methods, lol. "Patiently" waits as I recheck my email a billion times a day. ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, corpsmanspear85 said:

LOL! I love this! Haha nope. My phone probably hates me because of the amount of times I check my email. ?