2018-2019 Application Cycle- UC Davis

Guest abush27

Hey everyone!!

I also applied to UC-Davis. My application was submitted on 5-25-18 and was verified on the very same day. I'm from Homestead, Florida, very very down south. Fingers Crossed!! How many program did you guys apply to? ? 

From what I gathered reading through the last years applicants posts, it looks like interview invites went out around Sept/Oct, letters December and some people may be still accepted off the waitlist this month.  

However, this is my first application cycle so I do not know from personal experience.  Maybe someone can shed more light on the situation?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, FCWVT said:

Was there a graduate application we had to fill out for UC davis because I didn't see any supplement questions?

UC Davis will select a pool of applicants and offer a supplemental application after their first round of interviews! So no need to worry about a supplemental application at this point, just the CASPA application now.

On 6/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, Leric11 said:

UC Davis will select a pool of applicants and offer a supplemental application after their first round of interviews! So no need to worry about a supplemental application at this point, just the CASPA application now.

Awesome! Thank you for replying to my concern.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:39 PM, californiahopefulpa said:

Has anyone gotten a confirmation yet that they received your app? 

Besides the verified status on CASPA, no.  

A week ago I emailed UCD asking if it’s possible for them to confirm receiving my application and what the expected timeline for applicants might be over the next 8 months.   No word yet- will post if I hear anything.

In the meantime though, I’m still using last year’s applicants posts as a guide.   Hoping to start hearing from UCD in the fall (of course waiting is so hard!). 

21 hours ago, LindsayP said:

A week ago I emailed UCD asking if it’s possible for them to confirm receiving my application and what the expected timeline for applicants might be over the next 8 months.   No word yet- will post if I hear anything.

In the meantime though, I’m still using last year’s applicants posts as a guide.   Hoping to start hearing from UCD in the fall (of course waiting is so hard!). 

Thank you! Yes, the waiting part is the hardest part! I feel like I am a relatively patient person but since I want to get in so badly I am anxiously waiting for an email. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello everyone! This is my first cycle and Davis is my first choice, so I'll be following this thread closely! I just submitted my CASPA today (6/30/18). What kind of backgrounds are you all coming from? I've been a medic/firefighter/ER tech for the last ten years or so, and I just finished up my undergrad at Berkeley this spring!

On 6/24/2018 at 9:29 AM, LindsayP said:

Hello everyone,

I received the following response from UCD:  

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for your interest in the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. 

1. We do not send confirmation emails, as applicants can review the status of their application and materials on their CASPA dashboard (the application will move from an In Progress > Received > Complete > Verified status). Please see CASPA’s Help Center for more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
  2. We will be in touch with all applicants by the end of November about whether they have been invited to move on in our admissions process. While CASPA applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis, interview invitations will be announced on a rolling basis. 
Warm Regards,
Michelle Ho
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing Admissions Team 

I hope this information helps!
  • Like 2

Do you all think this program looks mostly at Prereq Science GPA and Bachelor's GPA rather than CASPA Cumulative GPA and CASPA Science GPA ? I know the minimum standards are set by the former, but I wonder which they use to evaluate us against one another. My cumulative GPAs are pretty thrashed from messing around early in community college, but by the two non-cumulative metrics I feel much more competitive.

Edited by Assistanttothephysician
  • Upvote 1