2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 10/28/2018 at 9:18 PM, Beth03 said:

Hi everyone! I am interviewing this Saturday and plan to attend the social the night before - anyone else? Also was hoping I could get some advice on what to wear to this. I understand the email says casual, however, I was not sure if this meant business casual or truly just casual? Thanks in advance ? 

I interviewed in September and wore a dress! Definitely not a true "casual" dress code was worn by most people. It was a good experience as was the interview process. UNE did a good job at impressing!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, Hyrdt123 said:

Got an acceptance! Anyone know when the Facebook page will be created with all the accepted students?

Hello and Congrats on your acceptance! As a 1st year currently, a Facebook page will be created in January and you will be added to it after all interviews have been conducted and when the majority of the class filled. Please do not go creating any page or groups before hand.

Granted for the rest of you do not fret as the waitlist has turnover throughout March and April. As somebody who came off it in March it is a long grueling time to sit and wait. It is a hard thing to sit through but DO NOT give up!

3 hours ago, cLL17 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats/when you submitted? Thanks in advance!

I did not feel at all competitive this time around because I had 3 C's in the prereqs! But here are my stats:

Applied to UNE in CASPA Jul 10 

UNE confirmation email Jul 13

cGPA 3.44

sGPA 3.51

PCE hours: 2,148 (CNA, Med Tech/phlebotomist)

HCE hours: 2320 (Med Tech)

Shadowing hours 52

Volunteer: 176

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jspease said:

For those of you that have already interviewed, how long did it take for them to let you know if you got in or not? and did they do it via e-mail or phone call? Thank you 🙂

I interviewed Sat, November 3 and was received a call of acceptance the next Thursday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jspease said:

For those of you that have already interviewed, how long did it take for them to let you know if you got in or not? and did they do it via e-mail or phone call? Thank you 🙂

I got a phone call 8 days after my interview on the following Sunday! Some other people got it the day after me. The timeline seems kind of variable. Good luck! 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hyrdt123 said:

I have all been accepted and looking for a roommate as well!

Same here 🙂 there's a find a roommate resource on the UNE website that I've been trying to use, but no one else has filled it out yet except for me lol You have to set up your UNE online accounts before you can use it. 

FYI, I called Jaclyn on Friday, and she said we'd be receiving more materials after the second deposit is due (March 1). I'm getting anxious to square away loans, housing, materials, uniforms, etc.

Can't wait to meet you all!

I was recently accepted to the program. Super stoked! Keep the hope up for those still on the waitlist, a couple friends from past programs said it’s a living list and changes happen frequently  

I live in Portland, right down the street from UNE. I see “for rent” signs relatively often. Happy to send these along to folks moving to the area! If anyone needs help let me know, I’m happy to send along a locals advice.

I rarely check this forum, so find me here: smalone207@gmail.com. Title the email something to do with PA.