2018-2019 Application Cycle

15 hours ago, Laedya said:

Hello! Congratulations on getting an interview invite! The writing sample is timed (I think it was about 25mins) although I can't tell you exactly what they asked, make sure you know a good amount about your resume in general, your personal story/experiences and about the differences between health care professions (PA vs MD vs NP) to be safe. Make sure your handwriting is legible and grammar is correct! Good luck! 

Thank you, that's so helpful ? I was really hoping that it wasn't like the GRE because my GRE essay prompt was about politics (I bombed it haha) Thanks, Laedya!

On 10/7/2018 at 9:27 PM, swong said:

Hello!

First time posting. I will be interviewing on Oct 13th, and I will be there at the social event the night before. Curious, is anyone bringing a plus one for the social?

I will be flying out from California, and taking a train from Boston to Maine; this will be my first time in both states. I am really excited to have this opportunity.

I look forward to meeting you guys. And congrats!

- Steph

On 10/6/2018 at 11:05 AM, seshowalter said:

Hey everyone! 

This is my first time posting on this forum. I was fortunate enough to get an invitation for an interview on the 13th! I was planning on going to the social event the night before, I saw possibly a couple of you were also going? 

I’ll be at the social and I look forward to meeting you! 

20 minutes ago, mango7 said:

Has anyone heard back about interviews after the 10/13 interview sesssion?

I haven’t heard anything, but I called the other day and, I got the impression that this last interview session will likely fill the class and they’ll start with the waitlist. Again not positive but that’s what he made it sound like. 

Still fingers crossed! Good luck to all!!

4 hours ago, Mvh0602 said:

I haven’t heard anything, but I called the other day and, I got the impression that this last interview session will likely fill the class and they’ll start with the waitlist. Again not positive but that’s what he made it sound like. 

Still fingers crossed! Good luck to all!!

So what you’re saying is the invites that were sent out yesterday were the final ones? I still haven’t heard anything at all

On 10/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, JasminePA said:

K8itlin and I are going to the social on Friday night. I don't think either of us is bringing another person - both of us are travelling alone. UNE said you were welcome to bring someone though! I don't see anything wrong with that. 

It'll be great to meet you guys!

Thanks, I will be travelling with my SO. I look forward to meeting you, K8itlin, and everyone else!

8 hours ago, sarahvanderloop said:

For people from the area, or those who have interviewed already - do you recommend flying into Boston and taking a train into Portland? Also, any recommendations on hotels? If anyone else interviewing November 3rd is interesting in sharing a hotel or something, message me! I'm flying in alone from WI and it'd be nice to have someone to stay with! Lmk ?

Hi,  I'm from the area and you can do both. I think flying might cost more, but at the same time will save you all the hassle and time. Also, There are regular buses from Boston South Station to Portland downtown. There are hotels close to the campus days inn, doubletree,  laquinta(not sure what your budget is). Your best bet maybe around Maine mall area. Please ask me away if you have any questions about the area. And good luck with your interview. 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:58 PM, Amy2011 said:

Guys- who interviewed today... how was your interview? Does anyone know if UNE is gonna send out another round of interview emails? 

Hey, I interviewed on Saturday! I think all of us agreed that the interview process was pretty low stress. The faculty was nice and wanted to get to know us. The kinds of questions that they asked were sort of hard to study for, so I wouldn't worry about memorizing tons of facts or anything. The program seems really great, definitely a focus on primary care. The writing sample was also not bad AT ALL. 

As far as another round of interviews, I have no idea. I'd maybe refer back to the post by Mvh0602.

On 8/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, hperna said:

I have applied and have not heard anything back yet, I also believe they don't review applications til October.

17 hours ago, Corinne said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone been invited to an interview session after Nov 3rd? I applied late in the cycle (my computer crashed and I lost everything- UGH) but I still have hope!

Nope... same boat. Still waiting....

On 10/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, Corinne said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone been invited to an interview session after Nov 3rd? I applied late in the cycle (my computer crashed and I lost everything- UGH) but I still have hope!

Hey! I am in the same boat! When did you submit and do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance!

On 10/17/2018 at 7:56 AM, JasminePA said:

Hey, I interviewed on Saturday! I think all of us agreed that the interview process was pretty low stress. The faculty was nice and wanted to get to know us. The kinds of questions that they asked were sort of hard to study for, so I wouldn't worry about memorizing tons of facts or anything. The program seems really great, definitely a focus on primary care. The writing sample was also not bad AT ALL. 

As far as another round of interviews, I have no idea. I'd maybe refer back to the post by Mvh0602.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:17 AM, VTPA802 said:

@PAdreamzzz, did the call come from a blocked number or could you see that it was a number from the Portland area? Hard to filter calls with all the spam going on!! Thanks!

Hi! I interviewed on 10/13. I received an email 10/22 with the admission decision letter of acceptance! I'm from California, so probably why I didn't get a phone call. I was so excited; I had to read the acceptance letter 2-3 times to be sure.

As for the interview, I really love the format of UNE. Like Jasmine said, it was very low stress. The interview questions were hard to prep for but definitely make sure you answer the question and point out qualities that you want them to know about you in answering those questions. Sounds intimidating but it was an enjoyable process overall. Everyone was easygoing and friendly! Also the writing sample was straightforward and not too bad. Good luck y'all!

Edited by swong
  • Upvote 2

Hi all! I’ve never posted in the forum before, though I’ve read posts in the past. Im wondering if anyone has been invited to interview in November or December? I just got an invite to interview Dec 1st. Anyone else?

Also, I’m a local! Happy to help point people in the right directions if you have questions about the area!

Sam

Edited by Sam207
  • Upvote 1

Guest Jameron

I interviewed with UNE a couple of weeks ago, the experience was very good. Right from meeting the students, the faculty and the university was all around a great experience. Portland, Maine is a lovely place the people are very friendly. I enjoyed my visit and interview, I was extended an acceptance this week and it was very humbling. I however will be declining my offer as I got admitted to a school way closer to home and I accepted. To all of you that got accepted, you’re going to a really fabulous school, and I hope that me declining the offer will open up a place for another person to get into this program. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I am interviewing this Saturday and plan to attend the social the night before - anyone else? Also was hoping I could get some advice on what to wear to this. I understand the email says casual, however, I was not sure if this meant business casual or truly just casual? Thanks in advance ? 

@Beth03 I interviewed a couple of weeks ago and attended the social. Most people did not go with a casual look which is why I wanted to respond to your post. UNE actually has an every-day dress code of no jeans or leggings, so I'd go with a business casual look at the least. Probably slacks or khakis for guys with a polo or button-up. And for gals, I wore some straight-legged business pants and a nice top. I don't think that people would judge you too hard based on what you wear, but there was probably only two people wearing actual "casual" wear at the social ? I'd also like to point out that a couple people came in full suits, and they did appear a bit overdressed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1